Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Single Mothers grants in Safford, Arizona

Single mothers in Arizona have financial assistance available if they qualify. If you live in Safford within Graham County, here are a variety of places you can turn to.

Cash Assistance

Cash assistance is provided to qualified people based on their level of need. Apply online or download an application and send it to a Family Assistance Administration (FAA) office, which accepts copies that are faxed, mailed or completed in person. Find your nearby DES office using the online locator tool. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Food

The Department of Economic Security (DES) has Nutrition Assistance (NA) to provide healthy foods to single mothers and their children.  Other programs include access to emergency food banks and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) outreach. Apply through your DES office, and visit the website link for more information.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Help with Shelter and Housing

The SouthEastern Arizona Community Action Program has rental and utility assistance along with vouchers for food, motel and hotel. Call the office at (928) 428-2872 or visit the website link for more information.

Help with Energy and Utilities

Energy assistance is provided to eligible renters and homeowners through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Cover your monthly energy bills and reduce energy costs in the future. Contact your local DES, and visit the website link for more information.

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

Frontier has a Lifeline program that offers affordable telephone bills. Qualify if your income meets Federal Poverty Guidelines. Download and complete the application for residents in Arizona. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Childcare

Child care assistance is available to single mothers who qualify. Pay an affordable copayment based on your income, and choose from a list of local, certified child care providers. Apply at a local DES office or download an application. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Medical and Dental Care

AHCCCS Health Insurance helps single mothers, children, the elderly and the disabled. Low-income medical assistance is available through Medicaid, KidsCare and Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS). Apply online or contact the DES office near you. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Legal Matters

Community Legal Services (CLS) provides low-cost legal advice and representation. They deal with domestic violence, consumer fraud, unfair evictions and more. Contact them by phone at (602) 258-3434 or (800) 852-9075 or by email at Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Financial Counseling

Get the financial counseling you need at the National Foundation for Credit Counseling. Get counseled on credit, bankruptcy, foreclosure and student loan debt issues. Call a certified counselor at (800) 388-2227 to make an appointment. Visit the website link for more information.

Help From Other Groups

The St. Vincent de Paul Society has assistance for transportation, utilities, food, clothing and behavioral health. Visit their office in person or call (928) 428-0460. Visit the website link for more information.

For Safford residents who happen to be single mothers, you are not alone. There are companies, nonprofit organizations and government programs willing to offer many kinds of help to low income people.

Sponsored links