Single mothers in Arizona have financial assistance available if they qualify. If you live in Safford within Graham County, here are a variety of places you can turn to.
Cash assistance is provided to qualified people based on their level of need. Apply online or download an application and send it to a Family Assistance Administration (FAA) office, which accepts copies that are faxed, mailed or completed in person. Find your nearby DES office using the online locator tool. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
The Department of Economic Security (DES) has Nutrition Assistance (NA) to provide healthy foods to single mothers and their children. Other programs include access to emergency food banks and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) outreach. Apply through your DES office, and visit the website link for more information.
Help with Shelter and Housing
The SouthEastern Arizona Community Action Program has rental and utility assistance along with vouchers for food, motel and hotel. Call the office at (928) 428-2872 or visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
Energy assistance is provided to eligible renters and homeowners through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Cover your monthly energy bills and reduce energy costs in the future. Contact your local DES, and visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Frontier has a Lifeline program that offers affordable telephone bills. Qualify if your income meets Federal Poverty Guidelines. Download and complete the application for residents in Arizona. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
Child care assistance is available to single mothers who qualify. Pay an affordable copayment based on your income, and choose from a list of local, certified child care providers. Apply at a local DES office or download an application. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
AHCCCS Health Insurance helps single mothers, children, the elderly and the disabled. Low-income medical assistance is available through Medicaid, KidsCare and Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS). Apply online or contact the DES office near you. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
Community Legal Services (CLS) provides low-cost legal advice and representation. They deal with domestic violence, consumer fraud, unfair evictions and more. Contact them by phone at (602) 258-3434 or (800) 852-9075 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
Get the financial counseling you need at the National Foundation for Credit Counseling. Get counseled on credit, bankruptcy, foreclosure and student loan debt issues. Call a certified counselor at (800) 388-2227 to make an appointment. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
The St. Vincent de Paul Society has assistance for transportation, utilities, food, clothing and behavioral health. Visit their office in person or call (928) 428-0460. Visit the website link for more information.
For Safford residents who happen to be single mothers, you are not alone. There are companies, nonprofit organizations and government programs willing to offer many kinds of help to low income people.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers