This page has been put together with the aim of assisting single mothers to identify and access resources available to the community of San Gabriel during times of financial hardship.
The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids program aim to assist needy families who have been affected by either death, incapacity or the continued absence of one of the parents. To find out how this program can offer benefits to yourself and members of your family, visit the department’s website.
Help With Food
California’s Food Stamp Program is now known as CalFresh. While the name has changed the food benefits available to low-income households have not changed. To find out what assistance you can receive from this program single mothers can visit the website or call 310-216-3917.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
Through its district offices, CalWORKs offers homeless benefits and services to families who find themselves homeless due to various reasons. When using this program, your case will be administered by a qualified case worker. To find out more about CalWORKs offices in your area, visit the website.
Help With Energy and Utilities
Single parents in the San Gabriel area can approach Project Angel in the event that they face problems meeting their obligations in as far as paying for their energy bills is concerned. More details about this program are available on the website. Alternatively, you can call the office at 800-342-5397 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Assurance Wireless is a California Lifeline Provider affiliated program which aims to provide the opportunities made possible by having a phone to low-income households. Single mothers who want to find out more about how they can access this assistance can visit the website and download a request sheet.
Help With Childcare
The aim of the CalWORKs Child Care Program is to ensure that low-income families get childcare support that enables them to continue participating in the Welfare-to-Work (WtW) activities. For more information about what this initiative can do for you, visit the website.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Through benefits made available by Medi-Cal, the Department of Public and Social Services provides medical benefits for children and youth, pregnant women, families, and people with disabilities among other vulnerable groups. To learn more about how each of their programs works, visit the website of the department.
Help With Legal Matters
The Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County seeks to make access to legal services available to venerable groups such as single mothers. With assistance from this project, you will have access to the courts and get legal advice and representation in civil cases. More information about the program is available on their website or you can call their office at 800-433-6251.
Help With Financial Counseling
If you have financial problems emanating from debt that you are now finding difficult to control, you can approach the Financial Counseling Center. Visit their website of call 323-954-4330 to find out more about their services.
Help from other groups
Among the services offered by Watts Labor Community Action Committee include providing shelter to the homeless. To find out more about other assistance single mothers can receive from this initiative, visit their website.
We hope that the resources above have assisted single mothers in the San Gabriel area to identify assistance available to help alleviate most of their challenges during periods of financial strain.