This page has been put together to help single mothers who live in San Marino in the Los Angeles County to identify and find programs and services that can help alleviate the challenge of financial hardship.
Single mothers looking after children because one or both the parents have died, incapacity, unemployment or absence of another parent due to any other reason, you may qualify for the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program. Visit the Los Angeles Department of Social Services website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help With Food
CalFresh is the program that used to be known as the California Food Stamps Program. While the name has changed, the aim is still to improve nutrition in households that face challenges associated with putting enough food on the table. More information is available on the website or call at 310-216-3917.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
Some of the benefits offered by the DPSS Housing Program include the Temporary Housing Assistance Program and the Homeless Case Management program among a few others. More information about these services can be obtained by visiting the DPSS website.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment manages the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), which offers free assistance to low-income households so that they are able to pay for their energy bills. Single mothers who need more information about this program can visit the website or call at the 24-hour line: 213-353-1226 or 213-353-1228.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Single mothers who require a telephone and internet connection without the means to afford them, you can turn to Assurance Wireless, a California Lifeline Provider. Visit their website to learn more about how you can benefit from free unlimited voice minutes and texts or 500 megabytes.
Help With Childcare
The CalWORKs Child Care Program makes it possible for families to access affordable, immediate and high standard child care so that single mothers can participate in Welfare-to-Work activities. To learn more about how this assistance can help you to move in the direction of employment and self-sustenance you can visit the website.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medi-Cal health programs are designed to cover the needs of anyone who qualifies regardless of their immigration, race, age or marital status. More information about how you can apply for these services is available on the website.
Help With Legal Matters
Services available from the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles include assistance with issues relating to evictions, employment, governments benefits and housing among others. More information about these services is available on the website.
Help With Financial Counseling
If your debt is starting to give you sleepless nights, you can seek help from Clearpoint before the situation gets worse. More information about the services offered can be obtained from the website or by calling 800-750-2227.
Help From Other Groups
The Maravilla Foundation offers housing and energy assistance services. Detailed information about the services offered can be obtained from the website or by sending an email to email@example.com. Call the office at 323-869-4500 or 323-721-4162.
We hope that the information supplied above has been helpful to single mothers resident in San Marino as they seek and apply for assistance services and programs during times of financial distress.