This page has been put together to assist single mothers of San Pablo in the Contra Costa County of California to identify and apply for assistant programs that can help them ease the burden during times of financial hardships.
The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility for Kids (CalWORKs) program aims to provide financial assistance to children who live in families under financial distress. The program promotes a culture of finding work amongst single mothers so that they can move towards self-sustenance. Visit the website or call the office at 877-505-4630 to find out more information about how you can apply for assistance.
Help With Food
If you qualify for CalFresh, the Food Bank is available to help you apply for assistance. Visit their website and choose the city you live in to access the Food Bank programs and other services available. Call the office at 855-309-3663.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
The aim of Shelter Contra Coast is to prevent homelessness among low-income families. The center helps families to remain together through ensuring that families live in a safe environment. To apply for assistance in rental and deposit assistance call 925-338-1038 or visit the website.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Community Services Bureau of Contra Costa County has several programs aimed at alleviating the burden of paying for energy amongst vulnerable families. Single mothers and their households can apply for help through the LIHEAP program. To gain more information about how you can do this, visit the website or call the local office at 925-681-6380.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Qualifying single mothers and their household can apply for assistance through one of the two main Universal Telephone Service discounts in California. Only one discount per household is permitted. To get more information about new applications, you may visit the website for full details.
Help With Childcare
The Contra Costa Child Care Council helps families facing financial hardships to improve the lives of their children. Single mothers are assisted in identifying support with resources and referrals, access the Child Care Fund, Child health and Nutrition and access to learning. To see a full list of program they offer, visit the website
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Low-income households in California can receive vision, medical and dental care through Medi-Cal programs. Single mothers who want to find out if they qualify for assistance under this program can visit the website or call toll-free at 800-709-8348
Help With Legal Matters
If your matter is noncriminal you can receive legal assistance through the Justia program. Get in touch with the San Pablo, California Legal Aid and Pro Bono Services through their website or phone the offices of the Guardianship Clinic at 925-932-9967
Help With Financial Counseling
Single mothers in financial distress can approach the East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation for financial counseling services. To gain more information about this program, visit their website or call the office at 510-287-5353.
Help From Other Groups
The National Parent Helpline offers help to single mothers and other parents and caregivers. You can approach them whether you have a child or youth crisis. To get more information, visit their website or call the helpline at 855-427-2736.
We hope that you find the information above helpful in your quest to find different forms of assistance for yourself and your family.