New Mexico is served by quite a few assistance programs, all provided by local nonprofit organizations. On this page you’ll find the information you need to apply for help in your area if you live in or around Santa Fe.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
New Mexico Temporary Assistance for Needy Families is a program that can help low-income families with cash loans if they are eligible for assistance. To see whether you are eligible to receive TANF benefits, consult the website or call the office at 888-473-3673.
Financial help for single mothers
The Bienvenidos Outreach center runs a food pantry that can help you with acquiring emergency food supplies in times of crisis. The organization’s website provides details on the pantry such as operating times, but to apply for help, you can call the office at 505-986-0583.
Help With Shelter and Housing
If you are in need of emergency shelter or would like to apply for housing assistance, there are two main organizations in the area that might be able to help you. St. Elizabeth is a local shelter that provides transitional housing programs, but if you need a broader range of services, you can also learn more about what Esperanza can do for you.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance program provides weatherization services as well as assisting eligible program participants with the payment of their utility bills in certain scenarios. You can learn more about the LIHEAP benefits and requirements on the website. To start your application process, call the office at 505-827-7258.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Frontier is a local service provider that can help you get access to reduced telephone bill services through the federal LifeLine program. Their website should give you concise information on the program, but you can also call the office at 1-800-921-8101 for any LifeLine queries.
Help With Childcare
Child Care Assistance is available from the Child Care Services Bureau, and families in need that have minor children might be eligible to receive assistance from them. You can learn more about program requirements by visiting the website. For any queries about the program, please call the office at 505-827-7499.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Low income families and individuals can apply to see whether they are eligible to receive Medicaid benefits. Medicaid is a federally-funded healthcare program, and as such, you can consult the website or call the office at 877-267-2323 to start your application process.
Help With Legal Matters
If you need help with civil legal matters, you might be able to apply for free assistance from the New Mexico Legal Aid association. To learn more about what services are on offer, you can either consult the website or contact them at 505-217-1662.
Help With Financial Counseling
Homewise is a nonprofit organization which aims to assist individuals and families looking to improve their financial wellbeing by offering free financial counseling programs. If you are interested and would like to learn more, you may call the office at 505-983-9473 or visit the website for full details.
We hope that this page has helped Santa Fe residents see where and how they can apply for help with their bills when finances are a little tight.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers