This page has been put together to assist single mothers struggling financially to find a pathway that will lead them to both employment and self-sufficiency within a short period of time.
If you are a single mother with or expecting a child, the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program can offer you assistance for a limited period of time. To find out about the eligibility criteria and how you can apply, visit the department website.
Help With Food
California’s Food Stamp Program is now known as CalFresh. The assistance provided to low-income households including single mothers is aimed at giving them the capacity to afford nutritious food. To find out how this program can help you to increase your food-buying power, visit the department website.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
Single parents faced with the prospect of homelessness or who are already homeless can approach the Department of Public Social Services Homeless Programs designed to assist CalWORKs families in this situation. To find out more about the various programs available to families in need visit the department’s website.
Help With Energy and Utilities
Eligible families can approach the PACE home and Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) to apply for assistance with meeting their payment obligations for energy. To find out if you are eligible for this assistance, visit the website or call their office at 213-353-1227.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Assurance Wireless, a California Lifeline Provider initiative, aims to make the opportunities made available by having a phone line available to low-income households. Single mothers can apply to receive free unlimited minutes, texts and 500 megabytes of data every month. To learn more about how you can benefit from this program, visit the website and download a request sheet.
Help With Childcare
The reason behind the CalWORKs Child Care Program is that low-income parents should be able to receive assistance that makes it possible for them to afford quality child care while they are involved in economic activity aimed at getting them out of their current vulnerable situations. To learn more, visit the department’s website.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
If you find yourself struggling to pay for visits to the doctor or prescribed medicine, you may want to approach the Department of Social Services website for more information about how their assistance programs can help you access health care.
Help With Legal Matters
Single mothers with low incomes who find themselves faced with legal issues can approach the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles. This foundation does not handle criminal matters although on the website they do have a list of recommended attorneys for private cases.
Help With Financial Counseling
If you are feeling overwhelmed by your debt or find yourself facing challenges living within a budget, then you can approach the Los Angeles Federal Credit Union for a face-to-face meeting with a professional debt counselor. To place an appointment, visit their website.
Help from other groups
Other services available to single mothers in Sante Fe Springs include Path Beyond Shelter Programs. To learn more about the Housing First Initiative, the Family Solutions Center, and the First 5 programs, visit their website, call 323-644-2231 email their office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that the information we have made available on this page has been helpful to every single mother in need of assistance to help get out of a difficult financial situation.