If you are a resident of Scranton and have been looking at ways to apply for assistance with your bills, then this page will help you find the information you’ll need to get help from local organizations.
Cash Assistance for single mothers in Scranton, Pennsylvania
The DHS’s Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program can help low-income families in need of cash loans so that they may pay for basic needs such as foods and utilities. Your family might be eligible if you have minor children. To apply for TANF, call the Lackawanna County Assistance Office at 1-877-431-1887.
Help With Food for single mothers in Scranton, Pennsylvania
The St. Francis of Assisi Kitchen serves community members in need of food with their open food pantry. They provide emergency food supplies as well as ongoing support for the needy. You can apply for help by calling the office at 570-342-5556.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing for single mothers in Scranton, Pennsylvania
Families and individuals at risk of becoming homeless can get in touch with the Catherine McAuley Center, which can help them with emergency shelter as well as housing assistance programs. The office can be reached at 570-779-2801.
Help With Energy and Utilities
LIHEAP is an energy assistance program administered by the Department of Human Services in a bid to try and provide relief for low-income families that need help with the cost of their home energy bills. To apply for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program you can call the County Assistance Office at 1-877-431-1887.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Verizon can help Pennsylvania households apply for and benefit from the federal telephone discount program, LifeLine. They can also help you save on the cost of your monthly internet service charges. Call them at 800-256-4646 to enquire about or apply for LifeLine.
Help With Childcare
Childcare assistance is available to eligible families through the Office of Child Development and Early Learning. Keystone STARS and Child Care Works are two popular childcare assistance programs on offer, but you may call the office at 570-963-4525 to see if you are eligible for benefits.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid is administered by the Department of Human Services, and is made available to needy families and individuals that cannot afford private healthcare and meet income requirements. To apply for the federally-funded healthcare program you can get in touch with the County Assistance Office at 1-877-431-1887.
Help With Legal Matters
Lackawanna Pro Bono is a volunteer lawyer program that assists low-income members of the community with free civil legal advice and assistance. To enquire about their range of services on offer, call them at 570-961-2714.
Help From Other Groups
United Neighborhood Centers of Northeast Pennsylvania is a nonprofit organization that aims to help those in need where they can. They can help you with child care services, youth programs, financial and emotional counseling, educational programs, food assistance, healthcare services and housing assistance among their range of outreach initiatives. You may call the office at 570-346-0759 to enquire about program specifics or apply for assistance.
We hope that this page has been helpful in showing you where and how you can go about applying for bill assistance in the Scranton area.