At times, it can see impossible to pay the bills, run a household, and still keep up with living a good family life. This seems even harder for single mothers going through times of financial hardships. That’s why we’ve drawn together a list of resources that can assist single mothers living in the Seal Beach area of Orange County, in order to give them the info they’ll need to apply for help when it’s needed most.
CalWORKs is the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids assistance program. This program can provide single mothers with cash assistance in order to help them ensure that their children have access to basic need such as housing, food, and clothing. Applications for CalWORKs benefits should be made online or by calling Orange County’s 2-1-1 line.
Help With Food
Orange County’s Social Services Agency provides those in need of help with food with a lifeline, known as CalFresh. CalFresh is also known as food stamps, and can help you buy nutritious foods for your family via electronic benefits. You can check to see if you qualify for benefits by calling 2-1-1 or by visiting the SSA website.
Help With Energy and Utilities
Single mothers that need help with the cost of their home energy services may get in touch with the Community Action Partnership of Orange County. They provide assistance with the payment of utility bills and can also help you apply for government assistance programs such as LIHEAP and HEAP. To start your application process, visit the website or call the Assistance Hotline at 714-839-6199.
Help With Childcare
If you are struggling to pay the costs of child care services and you meet work and income requirements, you may be eligible to receive Child Care Assistance from the Orange County Department of Education. You can learn more about the range of assistance programs available by referring to the website, or you may contact the office at714-966-4000 to apply for help.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Healthcare assistance is available to single mothers and their families through a public assistance program known as Medical. This program can ensure that you and your children are covered for basic medical and dental care services. Should you wish to apply for Medical benefits, please contact the Social Services Administration at 1-800-281-9799 or visit the website to log an online application.
Help With Legal Matters
The Legal Aid Society of Orange County provides a range of free and low-cost legal assistance services to members of the community that cannot afford the services of lawyers. Single mothers that need help with non-criminal matters can contact their office at 800-834-5001 or visit their website to get help as soon as possible.
Help With Financial Counseling
Single mothers can apply for free financial counseling services from Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Orange County. These services can help you manage your finances more effectively and ultimately reach a stage of self-sufficiency. To book your counseling session, you may visit the website or call them at 800-213-2227.
Help From Other Groups
Mercy House offers a range of assistance programs to those in need, some of which include emergency shelter and assistance with transitional housing. Single others that are at risk of homelessness may contact them at 714-836-7188 or visit their website to learn more about the services on offer.
We hope that this information has been helpful in your search of finding suitable assistance programs for single mothers that live in and around the Seal Beach area.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers