This page has been put together to assist single mothers in Seaside to identify and apply for programs in their county that offer assistance during times of financial hardship.
The Monterey Country Department of Social Service’s Community Benefits Branch makes temporary assistance benefits including cash assistance available to eligible low-income households. Single mothers who want to use the CalWORKs Cash Assistance program as a way of moving towards work and self-sufficiency can visit the website or call 886-323-1953 for more information.
Help With Food
CalFresh, the program that used to be known as Food Stamps, helps low-income households to supplement their food budgets so that they can meet their nutritional needs. To find out how you can benefit from this assistance, call 886-323-1953 or visit the website.
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Housing Resource Center of Monterey County assists potential homebuyers to attend a course that teaches them how to select a realtor, understand the steps to follow when buying a house and how to budget for the process of buying a house. Single mothers who want to know how they can benefit from this course can visit the website or dial 831-424-9186 or Toll-Free 800-946-1911.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Central Coast Energy Services offers two assistance programs for low-income households. These are the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) and the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE). To find out how you can benefit from these initiatives visit the website or call 888-728-3637.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Single mothers who require a phone but cannot afford one can turn to the Lifeline Program. This initiative provides discounts on phone services to families that qualify. To learn more about this service and the enrollment process, visit the website.
Help With Childcare
Single mothers who are looking for child care services so that they participate in programs aimed at getting them to work and on the road towards self-sustenance can approach the CalWORKs Child Support Program. To learn more about the program, visit the California Department of Social Services website.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Low-income households, including those headed by single mothers, can approach Medi-Cal. This is a state-run health insurance program that can assist families to access medical assistance and prescription medication. To learn more about the qualification criteria and how you can apply, visit the department website or call 866-323-1953.
Help With Legal Matters
Justia Lawyers have made available a website where low-income households can find information about pro bono services in Monterey County. To find legal assistance in a specific area, visit the website.
Help With Financial Counseling
The Housing Resource Center for Monterey County offers services to homeless families so that they are able to have shelter while working towards homeownership. They provide services in financial literacy. To find out more about how you can benefit from the assistance they offer, visit their website or call at 83-424-9186.
Help from other groups
The Salvation Army Monterey Peninsula Corps take applications for either the two-year or the 90-day housing program. To find out how you can benefit from this assistance, visit the website or call the housing department at 831-899-1335.
We hope that the resources identified on this page were able to help single mothers find and apply for assistance programs to help them during periods of financial hardship.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers