Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Single Mothers grants in Seaside, California

This page has been put together to assist single mothers in Seaside to identify and apply for programs in their county that offer assistance during times of financial hardship.

Cash Assistance

The Monterey Country Department of Social Service’s Community Benefits Branch makes temporary assistance benefits including cash assistance available to eligible low-income households. Single mothers who want to use the CalWORKs Cash Assistance program as a way of moving towards work and self-sufficiency can visit the website or call 886-323-1953 for more information.

Help With Food

CalFresh, the program that used to be known as Food Stamps, helps low-income households to supplement their food budgets so that they can meet their nutritional needs. To find out how you can benefit from this assistance, call 886-323-1953 or visit the website.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Help With Shelter and Housing

The Housing Resource Center of Monterey County assists potential homebuyers to attend a course that teaches them how to select a realtor, understand the steps to follow when buying a house and how to budget for the process of buying a house. Single mothers who want to know how they can benefit from this course can visit the website or dial 831-424-9186 or Toll-Free 800-946-1911.

Help With Energy and Utilities

The Central Coast Energy Services offers two assistance programs for low-income households. These are the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) and the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE). To find out how you can benefit from these initiatives visit the website or call 888-728-3637.

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

Single mothers who require a phone but cannot afford one can turn to the Lifeline Program. This initiative provides discounts on phone services to families that qualify. To learn more about this service and the enrollment process, visit the website.

Help With Childcare

Single mothers who are looking for child care services so that they participate in programs aimed at getting them to work and on the road towards self-sustenance can approach the CalWORKs Child Support Program. To learn more about the program, visit the California Department of Social Services website.

Help With Medical and Dental Care

Low-income households, including those headed by single mothers, can approach Medi-Cal. This is a state-run health insurance program that can assist families to access medical assistance and prescription medication. To learn more about the qualification criteria and how you can apply, visit the department website or call 866-323-1953.

Help With Legal Matters

Justia Lawyers have made available a website where low-income households can find information about pro bono services in Monterey County. To find legal assistance in a specific area, visit the website.

Help With Financial Counseling

The Housing Resource Center for Monterey County offers services to homeless families so that they are able to have shelter while working towards homeownership. They provide services in financial literacy. To find out more about how you can benefit from the assistance they offer, visit their website or call at 83-424-9186.

Help from other groups

The Salvation Army Monterey Peninsula Corps take applications for either the two-year or the 90-day housing program. To find out how you can benefit from this assistance, visit the website or call the housing department at 831-899-1335.

We hope that the resources identified on this page were able to help single mothers find and apply for assistance programs to help them during periods of financial hardship.

Sponsored links