Financial assistance can be the helping hand a determined parent living on her own with children needs. Whether you live in Selma or nearby, Fresno County has plenty of resources to help single mothers in a bind.
Cash is needed to cover all types of bills. The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) provides temporary finances to low-income families. The family income and the number of individual members are factors considered in the eligibility process. Sign up for CalWorks online or contact your local office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
CalFresh benefits are given to eligible families in need of food assistance. Receive monthly benefits based on your family income. The program helps families that have been disqualified from the CalWorks program. Apply online via MyBenefitsCalwin or contact your local office to mail or fax in your application. For questions, call (559) 600-1377 or visit the website link for more information.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help with Shelter and Housing
Single mothers and their children are given immediate help for emergency sheltering. Over a dozen emergency shelters are found all over Fresno County. Call the 2-1-1 helpline for phone numbers and addresses. Also, visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is your emergency source for summer cooling and winter heating. If you are facing an eviction or cut -off utility service, contact the Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) immediately. Download the application online or visit the LIHEAP office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
The California LifeLine program is the low-income source for your telecommunication needs. If you qualify, receive a cell phone and monthly service at no charge. Submit your application online, and call 1-800-723-3546 for further assistance. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
In Fresno County, the Head Start program provides educational and social services to children of low-income families. Preschool children between the ages of 3 and 5 are eligible for comprehensive, no-cost services. Sign up at your local Head Start center. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Medical and dental services are covered in the Medi-Cal program. Become eligible if you are ill, elderly, pregnant, disabled or receive public benefits. Apply for a program at the Medi-Cal center in your area. The Healthy Families Program has affordable healthcare coverage for children and teenagers. Call 1 (888) 747-1222 to receive a mailed-in application. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
Fresno County has free or pro bono legal services for single mothers and their families. Receive help on cases that involve family, health, education, housing, public benefits and consumer rights. Locate and call the center closest to you. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
Financial counseling is available to low-income single mothers at low costs or no cost at all. Common topics covered include bad credit reports, budgeting and credit counseling. Call 2-1-1 to find the program and financial center closest to you. Visit the website link for more information
Help From Other Groups
The Catholic Charities of Fresno provides more benefits to people in local communities. In addition to basic public assistance programs, they have thrift stores, food pantries, job training and educational centers. Call (559)-237-0851 for assistance or go to the resource center. Visit the website link for more information.
Assistance for single mothers, their children, and relatives is available in all forms. Learn about the types of help you can get to improve your financial situation.