This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Single Mothers grants in Selma, California

Sponsored links

Financial assistance can be the helping hand a determined parent living on her own with children needs. Whether you live in Selma or nearby, Fresno County has plenty of resources to help single mothers in a bind.

Cash Assistance

Cash is needed to cover all types of bills. The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) provides temporary finances to low-income families. The family income and the number of individual members are factors considered in the eligibility process. Sign up for CalWorks online or contact your local office. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Food

CalFresh benefits are given to eligible families in need of food assistance. Receive monthly benefits based on your family income. The program helps families that have been disqualified from the CalWorks program. Apply online via MyBenefitsCalwin or contact your local office to mail or fax in your application. For questions, call (559) 600-1377 or visit the website link for more information.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Help with Shelter and Housing

Single mothers and their children are given immediate help for emergency sheltering. Over a dozen emergency shelters are found all over Fresno County. Call the 2-1-1 helpline for phone numbers and addresses. Also, visit the website link for more information.

Help with Energy and Utilities

The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is your emergency source for summer cooling and winter heating. If you are facing an eviction or cut -off utility service, contact the Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) immediately. Download the application online or visit the LIHEAP office. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

The California LifeLine program is the low-income source for your telecommunication needs. If you qualify, receive a cell phone and monthly service at no charge. Submit your application online, and call 1-800-723-3546 for further assistance. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Childcare

In Fresno County, the Head Start program provides educational and social services to children of low-income families. Preschool children between the ages of 3 and 5 are eligible for comprehensive, no-cost services. Sign up at your local Head Start center. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Medical and Dental Care

Medical and dental services are covered in the Medi-Cal program. Become eligible if you are ill, elderly, pregnant, disabled or receive public benefits. Apply for a program at the Medi-Cal center in your area. The Healthy Families Program has affordable healthcare coverage for children and teenagers. Call 1 (888) 747-1222 to receive a mailed-in application. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Legal Matters

Fresno County has free or pro bono legal services for single mothers and their families. Receive help on cases that involve family, health, education, housing, public benefits and consumer rights. Locate and call the center closest to you. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Financial Counseling

Financial counseling is available to low-income single mothers at low costs or no cost at all. Common topics covered include bad credit reports, budgeting and credit counseling. Call 2-1-1 to find the program and financial center closest to you. Visit the website link for more information

Help From Other Groups

The Catholic Charities of Fresno provides more benefits to people in local communities. In addition to basic public assistance programs, they have thrift stores, food pantries, job training and educational centers. Call (559)-237-0851 for assistance or go to the resource center. Visit the website link for more information.

Assistance for single mothers, their children, and relatives is available in all forms. Learn about the types of help you can get to improve your financial situation.

++ Also read