The State of Wisconsin does what it can to help promote better living and end the cycle of poverty in communities. On this page, we’ll be looking at how they assist single mothers living in Sheboygan.
If you’re looking for a temporary cash loan to pay for basic needs like food and housing, you can apply to see if you qualify for benefits for the Wisconsin Works program. You may also be eligible for employment assistance. Single mothers may contact the Department of Children and Families’ Division of Family and Economic Security at 855-757-4593 to apply for help. Alternatively, you can also consult the website for more details.
Help With Food
FoodShare Wisconsin can help single mothers purchase food for their families, even if they do not have the finances to do so themselves. FoodShare benefits are allocated to program participants on a monthly basis to help supplement their food supplies at home. If you are interested in applying, visit the website or call the Help Line at 855-757-4593.
Help With Shelter and Housing
Bridgeway provides assistance to single mothers and their children if they are in need of shelter, and they can provide accommodation for these families for a maximum of 2 years. Bridgeway will also provide counseling and employment assistance services in order to help mothers become self-sufficient and get off welfare. If you need help, get in touch with Bridgeway at 920-457-7272 or visit their website to learn more about program specifics.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Wisconsin Division of Energy Services administers the WHEAP initiative, a program which provides heating and cooling assistance through weatherization programs and utility bill payment subsidies. Applications for the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program can be submitted online or by contacting the WDES at 1-866-432-8947.
Help With Childcare
W-2 Child Care is Wisconsin’s child care subsidy program, and it can aid single mothers by providing them with co-payment plans on the cost of their childcare expenses while they are working. If you have children younger than 13, you can apply to see if you are eligible for benefits. Applications can be made by contacting the Sheboygan County Department of Health and Human Services at 920-208-5800, or online via the website.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
BadgerCare Plus is Wisconsin’s Medicaid program, and it can provide single mothers and their children with coverage they’ll need for medical and dental care services. Certain employment and income requirements must be met for you to be eligible for cover, but you can apply for benefits online or by calling the Centers for Medicaid and CHIP at 312-353-1133.
Help With Legal Matters
Single mothers that have civil legal matters, with which they need help, can contact Legal Action of Wisconsin to see if they qualify for free or low-cost assistance. LAS has an intake line that can be reached at 920-233-6521. If you do not wish to make an appointment right away and would just like to learn more about what services are on offer, you can consult their website for details.
Help With Financial Counseling
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Greater Milwaukee can help you manage your finances and consolidate your debt in order to take control of your finances. Single mothers that would like to apply for free financial counseling classes can contact CCCSM at 414-482-8801 or visit their website for more details.
As you can clearly see, there are plenty of resources in Sheboygan that can provide a helping hand to single mothers in need.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers