This page has been put together to assist single mothers in Sherwood to identify and apply for assistance programs available in their county during times of financial hardship.
The aim behind the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) is to enable single mothers to have the cash that enables them to look after their children in their own homes or in the homes of family members. The assistance should eventually lead to a form of independence. To learn more about the qualification criteria visit the website.
Help With Food
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) helps low-income households, including those headed by single mothers to afford healthy food. In the majority of cases, families getting help from this program also have to supplement with their own income. Visit the website to get more details
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Our House initiative has three programs aimed at encouraging sustainability and a transition out of homelessness. All single mothers who receive help from this organization should show a willingness to find and keep a full-time job. To get more information, call the office on 501-374-7383 or visit the website
Help With Energy and Utilities
Single mothers who require assistance with paying their energy and utility bills can lodge an application with the Arkansas Home Energy Assistant Program. To lodge an application, you can produce a disconnection notice or present a proof of the utility bill you want assistance with. Visit the website to get the application.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
The Lifeline program supports low-income subscribers across different states in America to access wireless phone solutions. To apply for this program you should meet the eligibility criteria and also maintain compliance. Visit the website or call the customer support line at 877-412-1919.
Help With Childcare
Single mothers who have children below the age of 12 can apply for Child Support Assistance. To get help from this program you have to prove that every adult living in your household works for at least 30 hours a week or they are in full time study of some sort. Visit the website for more information or contact the department responsible for this at 800-322-8176.
Help With Legal Matters
Low-income income households who require assistance with none criminal matters can approach the Central Arkansas Legal Services. To gain more information about this program, visit the website or call the office at 501-376-3664.
Help With Financial Counseling
Low-income families in need of financial coaching to help them move in the direction of self-sustenance can approach CCOA. They offer counseling services related to money management, planning for purchasing a house, and credit score reviews. To set up an appointment with a financial counselor visit the website or contact the office at 479-521-877 or 800-889-4916.
Help From Other Groups
The Catholic Diocese of Little Rock opens its doors to assist vulnerable groups including single mothers during their time of need. Some of the services they offer include alcohol and drug ministry, family assistance, food and medical supplies and homeless shelter. Visit the website to get more information or call the office at 501-664-0340.
We hope that you find the information above helpful in your quest to find different forms of assistance for yourself and your family.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers