Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Single mothers grants in Shoreline, Washington

Dealing with low income is a day-to-day struggle for many. You do not have to deal with it alone when you have so many assistance programs in Shoreline, Washington.

Cash Assistance for single mothers in Shoreline, Washington

Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) provide cash assistance programs to anyone who qualifies. Receive assistance for clothing, transportation, rent, utility bills and more. The programs Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and WorkFirst are designed to help low-income families. People who do not qualify for TANF can apply for State Family Assistance (SFA).

Apply for TANF and Workfirst online. Also, find a DSHS office near you in Shoreline, King County.

Help with Food for single mothers in Shoreline, Washington

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

The Basic Food program provides food assistance to individuals and families who qualify. Also known as SNAP for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, the program has income and residency requirements. Some applicants may need to be employed to receive benefits. Apply online or visit your DSHS office.

Renewal Food Bank feeds the needy people of King County. Call them at (425) 736-8132 or email

Help with Shelter and Housing for single mothers in Shoreline, Washington

DSHS has a Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) program that assists disabled individuals who cannot afford housing. Homeless Prevention and Assistance Programs are provided through the Department of Commerce. Find rental assistance and Section 8 housing programs on the website.

A Regional Coalition for Housing (ARCH) is the place to find affordable apartments and homes in King County. They have links to emergency shelters and home buyer resources. Contact them at (425) 861-3676 or for more information.

Crisis Clinic has access to emergency shelters in the area, including financial and mental health resources. Call the 24-hour line at 206-461-3222 or 866-4CRISIS.

Help with Energy and Utilities for single mothers in Shoreline, Washington

The federal Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) serves low-income residents in the state. They qualify if their incomes meet federal poverty limits.

There are three LIHEAP agencies where you can call in and apply for energy assistance. For general questions, contact them at or (360) 725-2857.

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

Lifeline is another federal program that helps low-income households. Your eligibility is mainly based on your income. Mail an application to Frontier Lifeline in Florida or fax it to 1-844-452-6399. Call 1-800-921-8101 for further assistance or visit the Lifeline website.

CenturyLink and Comcast have Internet services designed for low-income households. Call CenturyLink at 1-866-541-3330 or Comcast at 1-855-846-8376.

Help with Childcare

Washington has a Child Care Subsidy Program that has child care services for low-income families. The two main programs are Working Connections and Seasonal Child Care.

Apply through Washington Connection or contact your local Community Services Office (CSO) in King County. Another option is to call 1-877-501-2233.

Help with Medical and Dental Care

DSHS has a number of medical programs for those who qualify. Medicare programs cover the medical and dental bills of individuals, families, disabled workers, children, the elderly and pregnant women.

Your local CSO should have more information about medical assistance eligibility and applications.

Help with Legal Matters

Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP) has a non-profit commitment to low-income residents in King County. They work in the fields of family law, domestic violence, housing, bankruptcy and more. Make your appointment by phone at (425) 747-7274 or by email at

Help with Financial Counseling

HomeSight has financial counseling for low-income home buyers. Assistance plans are made based on your income and credit. Contact the organization at (206) 723-4355 or

Help from Other Groups

Vision House has programs for homeless people in need of affordable housing and child care. Contact them at (425) 228-6356 or

The National League of Cities (NLC) has a prescription drug discount program with no income restrictions. Participants can call (888) 620-1749 or enroll online through Caremark.

Finding a financial assistance program to help you in Washington is not hard. It takes only a few minutes to call any one of these organizations and see how they can help you.

Sponsored links