Single mothers in Show Low, Arizona should know that low-income programs are available to them. Here you can review the types of programs you can apply for.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) has cash benefits for Navajo County residents. See if you qualify and apply online through Health-e-Arizona Plus or download an application. In person, find the nearest DES office and apply. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
DES has food assistance programs that provide nutritional assistance and emergency food banks. Apply online, by fax, by mail or in person. Search by zip code to find a nearby DES office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Shelter and Housing
White Mountain Catholic Charities provides rental assistance, motel vouchers and referrals to long-term housing services. The program is federally funded and provided by the Arizona Department of Housing. Contact them at (928) 367-224 or visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
Receive low-income assistance for daily energy and utility needs. LIHEAP, short for Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, is the main source for single mothers in need of heating and cooling bills. Apply for energy assistance at a Community Action Agency (CAA) near you. Contact a DES office or visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
The Arizona Lifeline Discount Program is available to people on the move. See if you qualify based on your income or participation in public benefits. Download an application or contact a DES office to apply. Call Frontier customer service at (800) 921-8101 or visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
Low-income single mothers need affordable child care assistance while they work or study. DES helps you find child care individuals and groups that are licensed by the Department of Health Services (DHS). Visit your local DES office or fax in your forms. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
AHCCCS Health Insurance is your source for affordable medical and dental care in Navajo County. Single mothers should check eligibility for themselves and their families online. The easiest way to apply is online. Also, apply at a DES office by mail, fax or in person. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
DNA Legal Services serve low-income families, domestic violence victims and public benefits recipients. They also fight for employees, children, homeowners and victims of consumer fraud. The organization only serves people who fall below certain federal poverty limits. Apply for services in person or over the phone. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
Free counseling services are provided by 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy. Get help for common financial problems, such as credit cards, student loan debt, taxes, retirement planning, etc. Submit your question online, call (888) 777-7077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
The Salvation Army serves underprivileged people living all over Phoenix Valley. Get help for many problems, including homelessness, domestic violence, family crises and at-risk youth. Visit the website link for more information.
Supporting your family often takes more than one income to do. If you are in need of some help, see if you qualify for one of these programs.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers