If you are a single mother living in Sierra Vista, Arizona and struggling to pay your bills, here are some of the financial assistance organizations you can reach out to.
Cash assistance is the help that single mothers need to pay for basic necessities. The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) provides temporary cash funds and supportive services. Apply for benefits online, by fax, by mail or in person at a Family Assistance Administration (FAA) office. Use the online locator tool to find the office nearest you. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
Food assistance is also available through DES. Eligible low-income families have access to the Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), the Coordinated Hunger Relief Program and Nutrition Assistance (NA). Apply for the NA program online or download an application for benefits. Fax or mail your information to the nearest FAA office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Shelter and Housing
The Housing Authority of Cochise County (HACC) has several options for decent, low-income housing. The main programs are the Housing Choice Voucher Section 8 Program and Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) in addition to programs for veterans and people with AIDS. Contact the HACC main office at (520) 432-8880 or visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
Help to pay your energy bills is provided through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). It is a federal program to help you pay current bills and reduce energy usage in the future. Apply at the closest Community Action Program (CAP) office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Cover your phone bills using discounted Frontier Lifeline services. To qualify, you must be low income and enrolled in a public assistance program, such as LIHEAP or Section 8 housing. Download the application for Arizona residents online, and visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
DES Child Care Services are available to single mothers who are employed or attending school. They have access to a list of childcare providers that are certified by the Department of Health Services (DHS). Find a nearby DES office to apply and see if you qualify. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
AHCCCS Health Insurance helps low-income people with doctors’ visits, hospitalizations, prescription costs and more. Apply for benefits online or contact your local DES office by mail, fax or in person. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
In Cochise County, there are pro bono services offered to low-income clients. Southern Arizona Legal Aid handles cases that involve family, consumer, bankruptcy, crime and estate planning. Contact the Douglas office at (520) 364-7973 or the Nogales office at (602) 287-9441. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
Debt Relief of Arizona has financial counseling for low income and/or indebted single mothers. Apply for your consultation online or call (888) 256-4326. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
Catholic Community Services (CSS) helps low-income individuals and families all over southern Arizona. They help people in need of counseling, affordable housing, assistance for disabilities, and more. Visit the website link for more information, and search for a CSS office in or around your city.
Hopefully this list helps single mothers in Sierra Vista to find the resources you need to make ends meet.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers