This page has been put together to assist single mothers in Soledad to identify and apply for programs that offer assistance during times of financial hardship.
The Community Benefits Branch of the Monterey Department of Social Services offers eligible residents of the county temporary benefits including the CalWORKs Cash Assistance Programs. To find out how single mothers can benefit from this program, visit the website or call 866-323-1953.
Help With Food
CalFresh provides assistance to single mothers who find themselves unable to provide adequate nutritious food for their families. CalFresh benefits can be used to buy food from participating outlets. To find out how you can apply for this service, visit the website of call 866-323-1953.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
Single mothers who require education about the process of buying their own home can approach the Housing Resource Center of Monterey County. Through the activities of this resource center, you can learn how to select the right realtor and how you can serve the money to pay for the costs related to buying a home such as taxes, insurance, and others. To learn more about this program visit the website or call the office at 831-424-9186.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Central Coast Energy Services offers both payment assistance and weatherization services to qualifying households. To find out how you can benefit from either the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) or the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE), visit the website or call the 24-hour line at 888-728-3637.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Single Mothers can enroll for a free cell phone supported by the government through the Life Landing Program. To learn more about the qualification criteria, visit the website.
Help With Childcare
The CalWORKs Child Care Programed is divided into three stages. The entry stage, the transitioning off aid stage, and the stage when the parent has acquired 24 months of child care. To learn more about how these stages work and the eligibility criteria, visit the website or send an email to CDSSChildCareStudy@dss.ca.gov .
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Low-income households including those headed by single mothers can receive assistance through Medi-Cal to pay for dental, medical and medication prescribed by the doctor. For more information about this program, visit the website of call 866-323-1953.
Help With Legal Matters
The Justia Lawyers website provides information concerning the Monterey County. California Legal Aid and & Pro Bono Services. More information about the services available and how they can be accessed can be obtained from the website or by calling the phone number of the office near you listed on the website.
Help With Financial Counseling
Single Mothers who want to receive knowledge concerning how to buy a house or to save funds related to buying a home such as taxes and insurance can approach the Housing Resource Center of Monterey County. Call their office at 831-424-9186 or visit their website for more information.
Help from other groups
The Catholic Charities Diocese of Monterey’s Family Support Services offers assistance to families with the aim of guiding them towards financial self-sufficiency. For more information send an email to fss@
Hopefully, these resources can help single mothers in the area to find the help they need.