Are you a single mother in need of financial assistance? Here are a list of resources you will can apply for in El Monte, California.
If your current financial situation is a result of death, incapacity, unemployment or underemployment you can benefit from the benefits offered by the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs). To learn more about these services, visit the department’s website.
Help With Food
The California Food Stamps Program is now known as CalFresh. The aim of this program is to assist low-income households including those headed by single mothers to enhance their power to buy nutritious food. To gain more information about this program, visit the website of the Department of Public Social Services. You can call 310-216-3917 if you have any questions.
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Homeless Assistance Program is one of the benefits provided by the DPSS Housing Program to help vulnerable groups in society to access temporary and permanent shelter. To learn more about this and other benefits available to single mothers under this program, visit the department’s website and check the homeless services page.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Residential Low-income Rate reduces the amount vulnerable families pay for water, electricity, and sewer services by up to 15% for a residency which is both permanent and the primary residence. More information about this and other benefits available to single mothers is available on the website. You can call the office at 800-342-5397 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Single mothers struggling to make payments for telephone services can turn to Assurance Wireless. This initiative makes 500 megabytes of data, unlimited free minutes and texts available to qualifying single mothers. To learn more about these benefits, visit the website and choose the handset you want.
Help With Childcare
Single mothers living in the Los Angeles County can receive subsidized child care made available through CalWORKs program. If your child is below the age of 12 or below the age of 18 with a severe disability or exceptional needs, you can visit the website to lodge an application for assistance.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Families struggling to pay for access to medical services can approach Medi-Cal. This is the Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) aimed at providing assistance to anyone who qualifies regardless of their age, immigration status and race. Visit the website or mail a request to P.O. Box 77267, Los Angeles, CA 90007-9819.
Help With Legal Matters
Single mothers who have legal issues that are not criminal in nature can approach the Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County. To learn more about the services available through this initiative visit the website or call 800-433-6251.
Help With Financial Counseling
The Financial Counseling Centre helps distressed families facing bankruptcy, debt challenges and issues related to budgeting to receive financial counseling. To learn more about this assistance visit the website or call 323-954-4330 to place an appointment.
Help from other groups
St Vincent’s is a Catholic volunteer organization that assists vulnerable individuals with emotional and financial support to lead them towards self-sufficiency. For more information about how this organization can be of assistance, visit their website.
We hope that by using this guide you have managed to identify organizations in your community that can help you during your time of need.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers