Women, especially single moms, might have to work a few jobs to be able to make ends meet and take care of their children. Even then, it can still be hard to pay all of your expenses without help from the outside. Luckily, there are various assistance programs that were designed to do just that, and on this page, we’ll be showing single mothers what their options look like if they live in South Hill CDP.
Washington’s WorkFirst program is a welfare assistance initiative that can provide single mothers with the opportunity to become employed, and eventually, become self-reliant. You can apply to see if you qualify for assistance by contacting the Community Service Office of Pierce at 1-877-501-2233 or by visiting the website.
Help With Food
The federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is referred to as Washington’s Basic Food program, also called “food stamps”. This program provides its participants with electronic benefit cards which are used to pay for food products at certain stores. Full details on Basic Food can be found online or by contacting the Community Service Office at 1-877-501-2233.
Help With Shelter and Housing
HEN is the Housing and Essential Needs Referral program, and it can help single mothers with the payment of their rent, mortgage refinancing, and can provide them with access to affordable housing solutions, if they meet work ad income requirements. The Community Services Office can be contacted at 1-877-501-2233 or the website can be consulted if you’d like to apply for HEN benefits.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program provides weatherization assistance as well as utility bill payment assistance to eligible applicants. Single mothers looking for ways to pay for their home energy costs can contact the Community Services Office at 1-877-501-2233 or visit the website to see if they qualify for benefits.
Help With Childcare
WCCC is a child care assistance program that was designed to help single mothers pay for child care services during the time that they are at work. You’ll have to meet income and work requirements in order for the State to assist you, but you can verify eligibility online or by calling the DSHS Customer Service Call Center at 1-877-501-2233.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Washington’s public healthcare program is called Apple Health, and it is available to low-income community members that cannot afford private health insurance. Apple Health has a range of plans, catering to a wide range of medical and dental care needs. You can speak to a consultant at the Community Services Office by calling them at 1-877-501-2233 to help you pick a plan. You can also consult the website to learn more about plan and program specifics.
Help With Legal Matters
Yakima County Volunteer Attorney Services provides referrals to volunteer attorney when it comes to helping single moms get assistance with their non-criminal legal matters. You can get in touch with VAS by either visiting their website or calling their office at 1-888-201-1014 if you’re in need of legal assistance.
Help From Other Groups
Habitat for Humanity specializes in building affordable houses, which can really prove a valuable help for single mothers. There are still monthly fees such as insurance, taxes, and mortgage that need to be paid on these houses, but they offer a stepping stone for those wishing to reach self-reliance. Get in touch with Habitat for Humanity at 253-627-5626 or visit their website to see how they can help you today.
We hope that this page has been helpful with guiding you to finding assistance programs in South Hill CDP that can provide help that single mothers so often find themselves looking for.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers