It’s not unusual for single mothers to feel overwhelmed by financial responsibilities, but luckily there is a lot of assistance programs out there designed to provide a helping hand in these times. On this page you’ll find information about such programs for single mothers living in South Jordan.
The Family Employment Program is Utah’s version of the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families initiative. FEP can assist single mothers looking for temporary cash loans in order to provide for their families. If you meet income and work requirements, you can apply for assistance by calling the Department of Workforce Services at 801-526-9675 or by submitting an application online.
Help With Food
Utah’s Department of Workforce Services also administers the Food Stamps program, which can provide you with electronic benefits to purchase foods with, if you qualify for the program. More details and program requirements can be found online, or by contacting the Assistance Office at 1-866-7414.
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Housing Authority of Salt Lake City provides a range of housing and shelter programs, designed to assist needy families and single mothers during times that could lead to homelessness. You can contact them at 801-487-2161 or visit their website to learn more about what programs are on offer.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Home Energy Assistance Target program (HEAT) can help pay for a portion of your home heating costs, but it can also help you save on your bills by providing you with weatherization programs. To see if you qualify for benefits, contact the Department of Workforce Services at 1-800-955-2210 or visit their website for more details.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
SafeLink Wireless is a local registered service provider of the federally-funded Lifeline program. They can help you save a monthly amount on your telephone service by enrolling you in the program. Single mothers can call them at 1-800-723-3546 or visit their website for application instructions.
Help With Childcare
Child care assistance is available from the Department of Workforce Services for families that are on a limited income. If you are on a limited income and meet work requirements, you can visit their website or call the Assistance Office at 801-526-0950 to start your application process.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
The Medicaid program is a public healthcare assistance program that can help single mothers ensure that ensure that their families are covered for medical and dental care services. You should get touch with the Workforce Services office at 1-866-435-7414 or apply online if you would like to enroll for the program.
Help With Legal Matters
The Legal Aid Society of Salt Lake City provides low-cost and free legal assistance services to community members that do not have the funds to pay for lawyers. They can help you with civil matters, but you’d have to meet a set of income and work requirements before assistance can be granted. Learn more by calling the office at 801-328-8849 or by referring to their website.
Help With Financial Counseling
The University Federal Credit Union provides free financial counseling to single mothers that would like to take charge of their finances and learn how to manage their debt more effectively. You can sign up for counseling online or by contacting the Counseling Office at 1-888-456-2227.
Help From Other Groups
The Road Home is a nonprofit organization that assists low-income community members with a wide range of services including emergency shelter, basic clothing provisions and basic hygiene kits. To see how they can help you, enquire online or by getting in touch with the office at 801-359-4142.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers