Making ends meet as a single mother can be a daunting task, but luckily, there is an abundance of assistance programs that can help you accomplish this. On this page, single mothers that live in and around South Lake Tahoe will find information on various resources in their area.
The County of El Dorado’s Department of Human Services administers the public assistance program, CalWORKs. This program can help single mothers by providing them with temporary cash loans while they work towards self-sufficiency. You can check to see if you qualify for cash aid via the website or by contacting the office at 530-642-7300.
Help With Food
CalFresh is a food assistance program that provides its participants with electronic benefits that are used to pay for certain food items from program-participating retailers. This is a supplemental food assistance program, but applications for benefits may be made online or by contacting the 503-642-7300.
Help With Shelter and Housing
Housing assistance is available from the El Dorado Department of Human Services. Their assistance program can help single mothers with emergency shelter and transitional housing, as well as benefits for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program. To see if you qualify for benefits, please call the office at 530-642-7300 or refer to the website for details.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) is administered by the El Dorado Community Services department, and may offer those on need of assistance with the cost of their energy and utilities, a helping hand. HEAP benefits include bill payment assistance and weatherization programs, which can help make you home more energy efficient. You can visit the website or call the Energy Assistance Help Line at 530-621-6150 to start your application process.
Help With Childcare
El Dorado’s Choices 4 Children program entails a range of subsidized and child care development services, which are available to single mothers in need of assistance with the cost of their child care services. You can call the office at 530-543-8200 or visit their website to learn more about the programs on offer or to see if you qualify for benefits.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medical is a public healthcare program that puts single mothers in a position where they can ensure that their families are covered for medical and dental care services. Although certain program requirements such as work and income has to be met before benefits can be granted, you may log an online application or contact the El Dorado Human Services Office at 530-642-7300 to enquire about eligibility and start your application process.
Help With Legal Matters
There are a lot of organizations in and around South Lake Tahoe that offer free and low-cost legal assistance services, made available to members of the community that cannot afford lawyer fees. Single mothers in need of legal assistance should consult the Justia website to browse the available programs and select one that meets their needs.
Help With Financial Counseling
Free credit counseling is available through Credit Helps, a nonprofit organization that can help single mothers take control of their finances. If you feel like you might benefit from these services, you can log an online enquiry, or call the Credit Counseling Hotline at 855-993-6017 to get the financial counseling help you need today.
Help From Other Groups
The Food Bank of El Dorado County provides emergency food assistance services as well as a rage of other food-related programs such as holiday meals, to members of the community that need it most. Applications for assistance can be made by calling the office at 530-621-9950 or by visiting their website.
Single mothers that live in South Lake Tahoe should be able to recognize the local resources in their hometown that might provide them with essential help when the time calls for it, and we hope that this post has provided you with all the details you’ll need when you need it most.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers