Here you will find resources available to assist single mothers living in Pasadena.
The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility for Kids (CalWORKs) program offers cash assistance to families for a temporary period of time. Immigration status, age, income, assets and other resources will be considered when you apply for this assistance. To learn more about this program visit the Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) website.
Help With Food
CalFresh is the new version of the California Food Stamps Program. The benefits this program offers to single mothers and their families are still the same. To find out how the program can help you provide nutritious food to your family, visit the DPSS website or call 310-216-3917.
Help With Shelter and Housing
The 4-Month Rental Assistance Program, Homeless Case Management Program, and the Moving Assistance Program are some of the initiatives available from the DPSS Housing programs for families facing the prospect of homelessness or those who already do not have a home. Single mothers who find themselves in this situation can visit the website to find more information.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment is a nonprofit organization created to offer solutions to the challenges of housing, education, and unemployment among others. Single mothers can approach this organization during times of need by visiting its website or calling the office at 213-353-3982.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Assurance Wireless is a California Lifeline Provider that aims to make the opportunities of employment and access to emergency services, made available by a telephone and internet service, accessible to vulnerable households. Qualifying single mothers who want to benefit from unlimited free voice minutes and texts and 500 megabytes of data can approach the service provider by visiting the website.
Help With Childcare
The CalWORKs Child Care Program offers services that include Child Care Provider Search, Child Care Choices and After School Programs for vulnerable families. Single mothers who want to find out how this program can assist them to find quality child care while they participate in Welfare-to-Work activities can visit the department’s website.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medi-Cal is a Department of Public Social Service initiative which offers services for children and youth, pregnant mothers and families amongst many other vulnerable groups. To find out more about how you can benefit from these programs, visit the website.
Help With Legal Matters
Single mothers residing in South Pasadena can approach the legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles if they have any legal issues. The organization does not offer assistance with criminal matters. To access services, visit the organization’s website or call the office at 800-399-4529.
Help With Financial Counseling
If you need assistance with the management of your debt, you will not even need to make an appointment to speak to a debt counselor at the Los Angeles Federal Credit Union, just pop in at a branch near you. For more information about branches, visit their website or call the office at 877-695-2328, 213-848-8640 or 818-242-8640.
Help from other groups
Families facing financial challenges can approach St. Vincent’s, a Catholic organization aimed at providing assistance to the suffering in California. Visit their website to learn more about their services.
We hope that this page has guided single mothers residing in South Pasadena to find the assistance programs that are a right fit for you.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers