Spanish Fork single mothers can apply for a range of federal-and-state funded assistance programs to help them bridge gaps during difficult financial times. This page will highlight some of the programs available in your area.
The federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program funds the Utah Family Employment Program. Single mothers that are on FEP assistance may receive temporary cash loans and employment assistance in order to help them become self-reliant. Contact the Utah Workforce Services Office at 1-866-435-7414 or visit their website to apply for benefits.
Help With Food
Utah residents facing hunger can apply for the Food Stamps assistance program. Monthly benefits (electronically loaded onto the Utah Horizon Card) are granted to program participants, with which they can them purchase nutritious foods at selected stores. Single moms can apply for benefits online or by calling the Workforce Services at 1-866-435-7414.
Help With Shelter and Housing
Single mothers that are in need of decent, affordable housing for their families might be able to receive assistance from the Housing and Urban Development programs. These include rental assistance, affordable housing services, and help with mortgage repayments. Call the Housing Authority of Utah at 801-373-8333, or visit the website to start your application process.
Help With Energy and Utilities
Utah’s version of the federally-funded LIHEAP program is referred to as HEAT, the Home Energy Assistance Target Program. This program can help pay for the cost of your home heating costs during the winter months, which means that applications are open during the months of November through April. If you feel like you are truly vulnerable, you can apply for assistance online or by calling the Workforce Services office at 1-866-435-7417.
Help With Childcare
Financial assistance is available to single mothers to pay for their child care expenses, and it is made available through the Utah Department of Workforce Services. If you are thinking of applying for child care assistance, you’ll need to be employed and meet income requirements before benefits will be granted. To learn more about the program or to apply for help, consult the website or get in touch with the WFS Office at 801-526-0950.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid offers single mothers on a low-income healthcare coverage for their families. Children up to the age of 18 years old are covered by the plan. Applications can be submitted online or by contacting the Workforce Services at 1-866-435-7414.
Help With Legal Matters
While certain eligibility requirements are to be met before they can assist; the team at Utah Legal Services provides free or low-cost legal services to needy community members that cannot afford lawyer fees. Single mothers looking for assistance with non-criminal cases can either visit the website or call the ULS office at 80-662-4245 to see how they can help you.
Help With Financial Counseling
Free debt management advice and financial counseling is available to Utah residents through ACCC. Single mothers that need help with managing their finances can consult the ACCC website or call them at 800-769-3571 for an appointment.
Help From Other Groups
Utah Valley University’s Turning Point program provides educational assistance in the form of scholarships to eligible, low-income applicants. You’ll need to get in touch with a Turning Point Coordinator should you wish to apply for assistance. This can be done online or by calling the office at 801-863-7580.
This page has given single mothers living in Spanish Fork a range of different options when it comes to applying for assistance during times of financial hardships, and we hope that it can assist you during trying times.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers