This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Single mothers grants in Sparks, Nevada

Sponsored links

Many people live paycheck to paycheck. Like many people, they are struggling to make ends meet. Every needy individual and family should have resources for help in Sparks, Nevada. Here are some you can give a call if you are going through a rough patch.

Cash Assistance for single moms

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides cash assistance for residents in Sparks. There are different types of benefits for single parents, two parent households, legal guardians and other qualified individuals. Contact your local financial assistance office in Sparks or call (775) 824-7400.

Food assistance for single mothers

Low-income Nevadan residents participate in SNAP or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Apply online, download and mail in an application or visit a local welfare office.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

The Food Bank of Northern Nevada provides immediate food assistance based on current distribution times and locations. Learn more by contacting (775) 331-3663 or email@fbnn.org.

Help with Shelter and Housing aid for single mothers

There are numerous shelter and housing programs available in Northern Nevada. The Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada and the St. Vincent’s Programs are designed to reduce poverty and homelessness. Contact the River House in Sparks at (775) 785-4006 or astrub@washoecounty.us.

For immediate shelter, contact the Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission at (775) 329-0485. Additionally, there is the North Star in Sparks and several nearby shelters in Reno.

A number of low-income homes and apartments are also available in Sparks if you meet income requirements.

Help with Energy and Utilities benefits for single mothers

Receive a discount on your energy bill after you apply for The Energy Assistance Program (EAP). Apply online or download an application and mail it in. Contact the Energy Assistance Program in Northern Nevada online or by calling (775) 684-0730 or (800) 992-0900.

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

The Lifeline Nevada Plan offers a low-cost monthly rate for phone and Internet. Find out if you qualify on their website or call 1-866-901-0152.

Childcare assistance for single mothers

View a list of childcare programs provided by the Office of Early Care and Education. Send in an online application for child care assistance in Northern Nevada. Visit the Sparks welfare office in person or call (775) 824-7400.

Help with Medical and Dental Care

In Nevada, apply for one or more forms of medical assistance provided by the Nevada Division of Welfare. Medicaid is available to low-income individuals and families. For the elderly and disabled, there is the Medical Assistance to Aged, Blind and Disabled (MAABD).

See a list of medical assistance forms and addresses on the welfare site. If you have more questions, contact the Sparks medical assistance office nearest you.

Free and income-based healthcare clinics are available in and around Sparks so low-income and uninsured individuals can ask about affordable payment plans.

Help with Legal Matters

Many people worry about not being able to pay their legal fees. Washoe Legal Services provides no-charge legal representation to qualified people in Washoe County. The lawyers handle cases that involve landlord-tenant disputes, family law, bankruptcy and housing discrimination. First, ensure you meet income requirements and then call the Reno office (775) 329-2727 or apply for help online.

Help with Financial Counseling

ACCC Credit Counseling helps people in serious need of financial counseling. Receive advice about every topic from housing to bankruptcy. Apply online or call the counseling center at 800-769-3571.

Help from Other Groups

For more advice on debt and poverty management, contact the Financial Guidance Center in Nevada. Receive job training advice through JOIN, Inc. Visit their website or call 1 (775) 785-6106 for assistance. Also, the Community Services Agency in Reno has programs that provide job assistance and energy savings programs.

If you need help, give these organizations in Sparks a call to see if they can help.

++ Also read