Many people live paycheck to paycheck. Like many people, they are struggling to make ends meet. Every needy individual and family should have resources for help in Sparks, Nevada. Here are some you can give a call if you are going through a rough patch.
Cash Assistance for single moms
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides cash assistance for residents in Sparks. There are different types of benefits for single parents, two parent households, legal guardians and other qualified individuals. Contact your local financial assistance office in Sparks or call (775) 824-7400.
Food assistance for single mothers
Low-income Nevadan residents participate in SNAP or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Apply online, download and mail in an application or visit a local welfare office.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Help with Shelter and Housing aid for single mothers
There are numerous shelter and housing programs available in Northern Nevada. The Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada and the St. Vincent’s Programs are designed to reduce poverty and homelessness. Contact the River House in Sparks at (775) 785-4006 or email@example.com.
For immediate shelter, contact the Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission at (775) 329-0485. Additionally, there is the North Star in Sparks and several nearby shelters in Reno.
A number of low-income homes and apartments are also available in Sparks if you meet income requirements.
Help with Energy and Utilities benefits for single mothers
Receive a discount on your energy bill after you apply for The Energy Assistance Program (EAP). Apply online or download an application and mail it in. Contact the Energy Assistance Program in Northern Nevada online or by calling (775) 684-0730 or (800) 992-0900.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
The Lifeline Nevada Plan offers a low-cost monthly rate for phone and Internet. Find out if you qualify on their website or call 1-866-901-0152.
Childcare assistance for single mothers
View a list of childcare programs provided by the Office of Early Care and Education. Send in an online application for child care assistance in Northern Nevada. Visit the Sparks welfare office in person or call (775) 824-7400.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
In Nevada, apply for one or more forms of medical assistance provided by the Nevada Division of Welfare. Medicaid is available to low-income individuals and families. For the elderly and disabled, there is the Medical Assistance to Aged, Blind and Disabled (MAABD).
See a list of medical assistance forms and addresses on the welfare site. If you have more questions, contact the Sparks medical assistance office nearest you.
Free and income-based healthcare clinics are available in and around Sparks so low-income and uninsured individuals can ask about affordable payment plans.
Help with Legal Matters
Many people worry about not being able to pay their legal fees. Washoe Legal Services provides no-charge legal representation to qualified people in Washoe County. The lawyers handle cases that involve landlord-tenant disputes, family law, bankruptcy and housing discrimination. First, ensure you meet income requirements and then call the Reno office (775) 329-2727 or apply for help online.
Help with Financial Counseling
ACCC Credit Counseling helps people in serious need of financial counseling. Receive advice about every topic from housing to bankruptcy. Apply online or call the counseling center at 800-769-3571.
Help from Other Groups
For more advice on debt and poverty management, contact the Financial Guidance Center in Nevada. Receive job training advice through JOIN, Inc. Visit their website or call 1 (775) 785-6106 for assistance. Also, the Community Services Agency in Reno has programs that provide job assistance and energy savings programs.
If you need help, give these organizations in Sparks a call to see if they can help.