There may be times when single mothers look to assistance programs in order to help them provide for their families. This post will help you find a suitable program if you live in Spokane Valley.
The Washington Work First Program is funded by the federal TANF block grant, and it can provide single mothers with time-limited cash assistance if they meet income and work requirements. You can apply for WF online or by calling the WorkFirst Hotline at 1-877-501-2233.
Help With Food
Washington’s Basic Food program is federally-funded through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, and it may help you cut the cost of food supplies for your family. If you qualify for benefits, Basic Food vouchers can be used to pay for food items at participating retail store. Full program details can be found online, but you may also enquire about the program by calling the DHHR at 1-877-501-2233.
Help With Shelter and Housing
Single mothers can apply for housing assistance through the Department of Social and Human Services. Their Housing and Essential Needs Referral Program (HEN) can help you pay for utilities, rent, and transportation. Call the Yakima Assistance Office at 1-800-209-5446 or visit the website to see if you qualify for assistance.
Help With Energy and Utilities
LIHEAP is a federal initiative that supports low-income families by helping them with the cost of their home energy services. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program can also help you lower the cost of your monthly energy usage by means of weatherization programs. To apply, visit the website or contact the Community Action Agency Energy Help Line at 509-452-7145.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Frontier is a registered service provider of the Lifeline Telephone Discount Program, and they can help single mothers apply for the federal program. With LifeLine, you’ll be able to save a monthly amount on your landline service. Applications can be done online or by getting on touch with the Service Office at 1-800-921-8101.
Help With Childcare
Washington’s Child Care Subsidy Program was designed to assist families on a limited income with the cost of their child care services. Certain work and income requirements need to be met for assistance to be grated, but you can verify your eligibility by contacting the Child Care Help Line at 1-877-501-2233 or by visiting the website.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Apple Health is Washington’s public healthcare program, and it is funded by the federal Medicare block grant. Single mothers who would like to get medical and dental care coverage for their families can start their application process online or by calling the Spokane Valley Assistance Office at 1-877-501-2233.
Help With Financial Counseling
The Washington State Department of Financial Institutions can assists single mothers with finding suitable financial counseling programs, in order to help them take control of their finances and manage their debt more efficiently. You can visit their website for a range of service providers, or call them at 1-877-764-4334 if you need help with finding counseling programs.
Help From Other Groups
The Salvation Army’s Spokane Citadel Corps can assist those in need with emergency shelter, meals, bill payments, and help with finding employments. You can contact them at 509-325-6810 or visit their website for detailed program information and eligibility requirements.
We hope that single mothers in Spokane Valley now have all the information they could need to apply for State assistance programs.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers