This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Single Mothers grants in Spokane Valley, Washington

Sponsored links

There may be times when single mothers look to assistance programs in order to help them provide for their families. This post will help you find a suitable program if you live in Spokane Valley.

Cash Assistance

The Washington Work First Program is funded by the federal TANF block grant, and it can provide single mothers with time-limited cash assistance if they meet income and work requirements. You can apply for WF online or by calling the WorkFirst Hotline at 1-877-501-2233.

Help With Food

Washington’s Basic Food program is federally-funded through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, and it may help you cut the cost of food supplies for your family. If you qualify for benefits, Basic Food vouchers can be used to pay for food items at participating retail store. Full program details can be found online, but you may also enquire about the program by calling the DHHR at 1-877-501-2233.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Help With Shelter and Housing

Single mothers can apply for housing assistance through the Department of Social and Human Services. Their Housing and Essential Needs Referral Program (HEN) can help you pay for utilities, rent, and transportation. Call the Yakima Assistance Office at 1-800-209-5446 or visit the website to see if you qualify for assistance.

Help With Energy and Utilities

LIHEAP is a federal initiative that supports low-income families by helping them with the cost of their home energy services. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program can also help you lower the cost of your monthly energy usage by means of weatherization programs. To apply, visit the website or contact the Community Action Agency Energy Help Line at 509-452-7145.

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

Frontier is a registered service provider of the Lifeline Telephone Discount Program, and they can help single mothers apply for the federal program. With LifeLine, you’ll be able to save a monthly amount on your landline service. Applications can be done online or by getting on touch with the Service Office at 1-800-921-8101.

Help With Childcare

Washington’s Child Care Subsidy Program was designed to assist families on a limited income with the cost of their child care services. Certain work and income requirements need to be met for assistance to be grated, but you can verify your eligibility by contacting the Child Care Help Line at 1-877-501-2233 or by visiting the website.

Help With Medical and Dental Care

Apple Health is Washington’s public healthcare program, and it is funded by the federal Medicare block grant. Single mothers who would like to get medical and dental care coverage for their families can start their application process online or by calling the Spokane Valley Assistance Office at 1-877-501-2233.

Help With Financial Counseling

The Washington State Department of Financial Institutions can assists single mothers with finding suitable financial counseling programs, in order to help them take control of their finances and manage their debt more efficiently. You can visit their website for a range of service providers, or call them at 1-877-764-4334 if you need help with finding counseling programs.

Help From Other Groups

The Salvation Army’s Spokane Citadel Corps can assist those in need with emergency shelter, meals, bill payments, and help with finding employments. You can contact them at 509-325-6810 or visit their website for detailed program information and eligibility requirements.

We hope that single mothers in Spokane Valley now have all the information they could need to apply for State assistance programs.

++ Also read