Covering the necessities of a single-parent home is not always an easy task. That is why additional resources are provided to single mothers in Susanville and throughout Lassen County. Find financial assistance to support you and your children temporarily.
Temporary cash assistance is provided to cover your immediate needs. The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility for Kids (CalWORKs) program has cash funds in addition to employment and education opportunities for low-income families. Retrieve your online application on the C4Yourself website. Contact the county welfare office to fill out an application in person. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
The CalFresh Program is low-income food assistance provided by the state. Single mothers can increase their monthly budgets to buy healthy foods. Apply online or in person at a Lassen county office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Shelter and Housing
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and dozens of other programs are available to help the homeless in California. Lassen Family Services is the main emergency shelter for domestic violence victims. Spare A Dime is a shelter that accepts single mothers, children and men. Look on the HUD site to find resources for rental assistance, Section 8 housing and housing vouchers. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
There are three different energy assistance programs provided by the Lassen Municipal Utility District: Energy Conservation Assistance Program (ECAP), Emergency Energy Assistance Program (EEAP) and Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Benefits include assistance to pay utility bills and weatherization programs to reduce energy costs. Contact LIHEAP at (530) 256-3531 to request an application. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Frontier has the Lifeline program to help low-income people pay their phone and Internet bills. Download the application for California residents. Each income eligible household is restricted to one discount per year. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
Child care assistance for low-income families is available at the Lassen Child and Family Resources center. Get help in finding a licensed child care provider in Susanville. Call their office at (530) 257-9781. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Single mothers need help paying emergency and long-term medical bills. Medi-Cal has assistance programs for elderly, disabled, pregnant and low-income people. Apply online or visit your local welfare office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
The Access to Justice Center is a free, self-help center offered in Susanville. Receive assistance in the areas of child custody, divorce, domestic violence and eviction. Contact a self-help attorney or attend an informational clinic. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
Receive help for debt consolidation or settlement and credit counseling. Complete an online quote form. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
United Way of Northern California has additional services, such as a prescription drug discount program, the Prosperity Initiative for financial stability and tax assistance. Call 2-1-1 for referrals to the right services. Visit the website link for more information.
The first step in getting help for single mothers is knowing the resources available in Lassen County. Whether you need employment or education, find many organizations and companies willing to offer help.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers