Everyone struggles with finances at some point. However, there is no point in continuing the cycle year after year. See if any the resources below will help to improve your situation.
Cash Assistance for single mothers in Taylorsville, Utah
The Utah Department of Workforce Services (DWS) has a cash assistance program for individuals and families that need money for bills. For families, there is the Family Employment Program (FEP), Family Employment Program for Two Parents, Adoption Assistance Program, Specified Relative Program or the Homelessness Prevention Program. For individuals, there is the General Assistance program.
On the website, see if you qualify and apply for the right program. You can apply in person by finding a DWS regional office near you.
Help with Food for single mothers in Taylorsville, Utah
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Utah Food Bank has food banks and pantries in Taylorsville and additional cities. For assistance, call the Salt Lake City office at (801) 978-2452 or dial 2-1-1. To learn about current events, contact (801) 887-1281 or KellyO@utahfoodbank.org.
Help with Shelter and Housing for single mothers in Taylorsville, Utah
The Road Home provides emergency sheltering, clothing and hygiene products in addition to transitional housing services. They run the largest homeless shelter in the whole state. Contact Salt Lake Community Shelter at (801) 359-4142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help with Energy and Utilities
Home Energy Assistance Target (HEAT) Program provides assistance to help you pay for energy and utility bills. For 2016, the services begin on November 1. To enroll, you must meet income and residency requirements.
Call the Salt Lake County office at (801) 521-6107 to make an appointment and apply for the HEAT program. For more information on energy assistance, contact your local DWS office.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Help with Childcare
Through your local DWS office, apply for child care assistance or find a qualified child care provider. See if you qualify for such programs as Employment Support Child Care and Family Employment Program. Contact your local Office of Child Care at (801) 526-0950 or (866) 435-7414.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
DWS has medical assistance options for qualified, low-income individuals. For different groups of people, such as families and the elderly, there are different eligibility requirements. Utah participates in the Medicaid and CHIP programs. Apply online or find a DWS office near you.
Help with Legal Matters
The Legal Aid Society of Salt Lake has legal services available to low-income victims of stalking and domestic violence. Contact the closest legal center in your area. Call the main office in Salt Lake City at (801) 328-8849.
For all other types of legal cases, contact Utah Legal Services at (801) 328-8891 for Salt Lake County residents. Check the qualification requirements on their website. To sign up, contact the Community Legal Center at (801) 328-8891 or email@example.com.
Help with Financial Counseling
The University of Utah has a personal money management center for people who are struggling financially. They have individualized counseling and host a wide range of events throughout the year. Call (801) 585-7379 or visit the office.
Help from Other Groups
Saint Joseph the Worker Parish works for low-income people in Taylorsville and beyond. They provide access to a food pantry and homeless resource center along with financial assistance and counseling services. Call 2-1-1 or (801) 255-8902 for more information.
You do not need to continue to struggle day in and day out. Get the financial resources you need in Taylorsville and Salt Lake City.