Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Single mothers grants in Taylorsville, Utah

Everyone struggles with finances at some point. However, there is no point in continuing the cycle year after year. See if any the resources below will help to improve your situation.

Cash Assistance for single mothers in Taylorsville, Utah

The Utah Department of Workforce Services (DWS) has a cash assistance program for individuals and families that need money for bills. For families, there is the Family Employment Program (FEP), Family Employment Program for Two Parents, Adoption Assistance Program, Specified Relative Program or the Homelessness Prevention Program. For individuals, there is the General Assistance program.

On the website, see if you qualify and apply for the right program. You can apply in person by finding a DWS regional office near you.

Help with Food for single mothers in Taylorsville, Utah

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

The state of Utah provides food assistance in the form of food stamps. Apply for benefits on the DWS website or visit an office nearest you.

Utah Food Bank has food banks and pantries in Taylorsville and additional cities. For assistance, call the Salt Lake City office at (801) 978-2452 or dial 2-1-1. To learn about current events, contact (801) 887-1281 or

Help with Shelter and Housing for single mothers in Taylorsville, Utah

The Road Home provides emergency sheltering, clothing and hygiene products in addition to transitional housing services. They run the largest homeless shelter in the whole state. Contact Salt Lake Community Shelter at (801) 359-4142 or

Help with Energy and Utilities

Home Energy Assistance Target (HEAT) Program provides assistance to help you pay for energy and utility bills. For 2016, the services begin on November 1. To enroll, you must meet income and residency requirements.

Call the Salt Lake County office at (801) 521-6107 to make an appointment and apply for the HEAT program. For more information on energy assistance, contact your local DWS office.

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

Utah has Lifeline Telephone Service discounts available to income eligible people. You also qualify if you receive public assistance benefits. To apply, call (800) 948-7540 or visit their website.

Help with Childcare

Through your local DWS office, apply for child care assistance or find a qualified child care provider. See if you qualify for such programs as Employment Support Child Care and Family Employment Program. Contact your local Office of Child Care at (801) 526-0950 or (866) 435-7414.

Help with Medical and Dental Care

DWS has medical assistance options for qualified, low-income individuals. For different groups of people, such as families and the elderly, there are different eligibility requirements. Utah participates in the Medicaid and CHIP programs. Apply online or find a DWS office near you.

Help with Legal Matters

The Legal Aid Society of Salt Lake has legal services available to low-income victims of stalking and domestic violence. Contact the closest legal center in your area. Call the main office in Salt Lake City at (801) 328-8849.

For all other types of legal cases, contact Utah Legal Services at (801) 328-8891 for Salt Lake County residents. Check the qualification requirements on their website. To sign up, contact the Community Legal Center at (801) 328-8891 or

Help with Financial Counseling

The University of Utah has a personal money management center for people who are struggling financially. They have individualized counseling and host a wide range of events throughout the year. Call (801) 585-7379 or visit the office.

Help from Other Groups

Saint Joseph the Worker Parish works for low-income people in Taylorsville and beyond. They provide access to a food pantry and homeless resource center along with financial assistance and counseling services. Call 2-1-1 or (801) 255-8902 for more information.

You do not need to continue to struggle day in and day out. Get the financial resources you need in Taylorsville and Salt Lake City.

Sponsored links