Having a single income to support a large, growing family is not always enough. Getting your hands on financial assistance for single mothers is more than helpful. Review a few programs designed to help single-parent households in Tehachapi.
CalWorks is the source that single mothers rely on for temporary cash assistance. Also known as California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids, the program assists income eligible families. Apply online through C4Yourself or visit your welfare office in person. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
CalFresh has temporary food assistance provided as Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cash. Fill out an application online, or visit your nearby welfare office. Obtain an application through the California Department of Social Services office. You can also call the CalFresh helpline at (661) 631-6062. Visit the website link for more information.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help with Shelter and Housing
The Housing Authority of the County of Kern has long-term public housing and temporary housing for homeless. Those in need of rental assistance and supportive services are encouraged to sign up. Contact the agency by phone at (661) 631-8500 or by fax at (661) 631-9500. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) serves your energy and utility needs in Tehachapi. Your family qualifies based on income that falls at or below 150% of federal poverty limits. Contact the CAPK Energy Program office or call 2-1-1 to make an appointment. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
California Budget Mobile LifeLine helps customers with free phones and free, unlimited minutes. Meet low income requirements or participate in a welfare assistance program. Submit an online form for LifeLine assistance. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
Early Head Start and Head Start are the two main programs that help low-income children under the ages of 5. Resources include early education, healthcare and childhood development. Call 1-800-701-7060 to enroll, or contact the Child Development Division. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
For affordable medical assistance, single mothers should enroll in Medi-Cal. Health Net and Kern Family Healthcare are the two major programs available to help qualified families. Apply online through C4Yourself, or contact your local Department of Human Services office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
Single mothers can find a variety of affordable legal services that are free, low cost or pro bono. Find the closest legal office in Tehachapi or nearby. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
The Consumer Credit Counseling Service has debt, credit, bankruptcy and homebuying resources for consumers in Kern County. Work with a certified counselor to receive personalized assistance. Apply for their services online, by mail, phone or email. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
United Way of Kern County has resources for food, healthcare, mental health, job training, transportation and more. More than 3,000 agencies and nonprofits organizations work in and around Kern County. Dial 2-1-1 to contact United Way and request help directly. Visit the website link for more information.
Holding up a single-parent household can be a major challenge. Find one or more programs that provide a range of social services for single mothers and their children.