Are you a single mother struggling to make ends meet in Temple City, California? Not to worry, there are multiple organizations that can help in your area.
The cash assistance offered by the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program is meant to be used for helping recipients to pay for food, utilities, medical care and other essential services. To learn more about how you can qualify for this assistance, visit the department’s website.
Help With Food
CalFresh is the new name for the California Food Stamps Program. This initiative is aimed at providing resources to assist single mothers to be able to provide nutritious food for their families. To learn more about the eligibility requirements for this program, visit the website or call 310-216-39
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Homeless Assistance Program is one of the Homeless Programs available under the DPSS Homeless Programs available for CalWORKs families. If your family is already homeless or you feel that you are at risk of becoming homeless, you can visit the department’s website to see if you qualify.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power offers discounted residential rates to vulnerable families including those headed by single mothers. Visit the website or call 406-494-8662 to get more information about this program.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Low-income families resident in Temple City can benefit from employment and emergency services opportunities made possible by having a phone through Assurance Wireless. Visit their website to find out how you can apply for this service.
Help With Childcare
The CalWORKs Child Care Program seeks to help families access quality child care so that single mothers are able to participate in economic activities that can help them to move towards full-time employment and self-sufficiency. To gain more information about how this program can assist your household, visit the department website.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medi-Cal is an initiative by the Department of Public Social Services which seeks to make medical care services available to families that would otherwise not be able to afford them. Single mothers, resident of the Los Angeles County, can visit the department’s website to get more information on how you can qualify for this assistance.
Help With Legal Matters
The Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles is constituted to ensure that everybody receives access to the courts even if they could not afford it. If you have a legal issue which is non-criminal you can approach the organization by visiting their website or calling their office on 800-896-3203.
Help With Financial Counseling
The Financial Counseling Centre is available for those who believe that their debt is getting out of hand. Single mothers struggling to live within their budgets can pop into the offices of the organization to and speak to a debt counselor. For more information about this initiative, visit the website or call the office at 323-954-4330.
Help from other groups
St. Vincent’s is a Catholic Volunteer organization that provides services to the needy regardless of their religious affiliation. To learn more about what this organization does, visit their website or call one of their offices at 323-224-6280.
We hope that the information we have provided on this page has been a useful resource for single mothers residing in Temple City as you seek for and identify assistance available to in your community.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers