The State of Texas offers a variety of assistance programs that aim to help end poverty in local communities, but it’s not always easy to find a program specific to your county and town. On this page, we’ll be showing Temple residents where and how they are able to apply for assistance.
Cash Assistance for single mothers in Temple
Texas Health and Human Services administers the federal TANF program, an assistance program that can provide families in need with temporary cash loans for basic needs. To enquire about your family’s eligibility for the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, call the HHS office at 1-800-647-6558.
Help With Food for single mothers in Temple
Churches Touching Lives for Christ is a local, nonprofit organization that provides food assistance services among their range of outreach initiatives. They can also help you apply for federal food assistance programs. If you are in need of food supplies, call the office at 254-778-6885.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing for single mothers in Temple
Cove House provides emergency shelter for members of the community facing homelessness, but the staff might also be able to help you apply for federal housing assistance programs if your family would like to regain self-sufficiency. If you are in need of short-term welfare services, contact them at 254-547-4673 to see how they can assist you.
Help With Energy and Utilities for single mothers in Temple
The Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program provides utility assistance to households on a limited income that meet federal program requirements. CEAP is funded through the federal LIHEAP block grant, and administered by various local sub-recipients. To apply for CEAP, call the Energy Assistance Office at 877-399-8939.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Texas LifeLine can help low-income households save on their monthly landline bills. LifeLine is a federal assistance program which is administered locally by a range of service providers. You may get in touch with Southwest Arkansas Telephone Cooperative, Inc. at 870-653-8222 to start your LifeLine application.
Help With Childcare
The Department of Social Services can help needy families with minor children through their Child Care Assistance Program if they meet income and work requirements. if you would like to apply for subsidized child care, you can get in touch with the DSS at 1-800-647-6558.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid and CHIP are the two public healthcare programs available to Texas residents that do not have the means to pay for private health insurance and need help with medical and dental care costs. You may apply for either one of the programs by contacting the Centers for Medicaid and CHIP at 1-800-221-3943.
Help With Legal Matters
Lone Star Legal Aid can assist families and individuals that do not have the means to afford legal services with their free and reduced-cost legal assistance services. You may call their Legal Aid Intake Line at 254-939-5773 should you wish to apply for legal assistance.
Help With Financial Counseling
Free financial counseling and debt management services are available to Temple community members from Cornerstone Financial Education. You can apply for these programs by contacting the office at 512-263-0532.
Help From Other Groups
Family Promise of East Bell County assists homeless and less-fortunate families with their transitional housing and emergency shelter services. They also provide counseling services and might be able to assist you with finding employment to help you regain self-sufficiency. Call them today at 254-773-9980 to see how they can lend you a helping hand.
As you can see, there are a lot of assistance programs that provide bill assistance to needy residents of Temple.