This page has been put together as a resource to help single mothers in the Texarkana area find the assistance they need during periods of financial challenges.
Single parents in financial distress can benefit from TEA. This program offers cash assistance to parents for a limited period of time. The aim of this initiative is to offer parents work readiness training. To find out more about how this program works visit the website.
Help With Food
Households in need of food assistance can receive food through various programs in Texarkana including the Special Nutrition Programs, Child Care Food Program, National School Lunch Program, and the Child and Adult Food Program among a few others. To learn more visit the website or call your local office at 870-773-0563.
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Housing Authority of Texarkana offers housing support to struggling families. Visit the website to learn more about the eligibility criteria and the times at which you can visit the offices to lodge an application. Call the office at 903-838-8548 extension 104.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Low Income Home Energy Program assists struggling families to pay for their energy consumption. This program offers assistance for households to pay for home energy while at the same time assisting them with ideas on how to preserve energy and therefore reduce their energy bill. To apply for this assistance visit the website and download an application form.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Arkansas Lifeline Plans are an initiative whose main aim is to provide access to telephone communication services qualifying low-income households including those headed by single mothers. Find out if you qualify for this service by visiting the website or calling the office at 877-412-1919.
Help With Childcare
In order for families to qualify for the assistance offered under the Child Care Assistance, they have to meet certain guidelines. The family has to have an eligible child below the age of 12. More details on the sliding scale and how to apply for assistance can be obtained by visiting the website or calling 800-322-8176.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid pays health providers for services rendered to needy individuals including single parents. To determine eligibility for this assistance households have to declare their income, resources, and proof that they reside in Arkansas. To find out what the cover under this scheme involves, visit the website or call at 501-682-1001.
Help With Legal Matters
Single mothers who require legal assistance without the means to pay for it can approach Legal Aid of Arkansas for assistance. The aim of the organization is to ensure justice even for low-income families. To apply for this aid, visit the website or call at 870-972-9224.
Help With Financial Counseling
The assistance offered by CCOA to distressed families including those headed by single mothers is premised on the understanding that most of the people who struggle did not get there because they are careless. Visit the website to place an appointment.
Help From Other Groups
The United Way of Greater Texarkana aims to improve the lives of people living in the Greater Texarkana area. The initiative provides assistance in Education, Income, and Health. Visit the website to learn more or contact the office at 903-794-3105.
We hope that you find the information above helpful in your quest to find different forms of assistance for yourself and your family.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers