If you are stuck in a hard financial time, it might seem obvious to apply for bill assistance programs. This page will help Troy residents find assistance programs and also show them how to apply for help.
Cash aid for single mothers
The Family Assistance program can provide families in need with cash loans to help through financial crisis times. FA forms part of the federally-funded Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program. To apply for benefits, you can contact the Temporary Assistance Unit at 518-270-2930 or visit the website to submit an online application form.
Grants for single mothers that help with food
CEO is a local nonprofit organization that runs a range of assistance programs, including an emergency food pantry which serves members of the community in crisis. They also have a range of food assistance programs that assist families on a continual basis. To learn more about their programs or to apply for help, visit the website or call the office at 518-272-6012.
Housing help for single mothers
Joseph’s House is an emergency shelter for men, women and children, but they can also help those in need to apply for federal housing assistance benefits. Their website provides more insights on their assistance programs, but if you are in need of urgent help you can call the shelter at 518-272-2544.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Home Energy Assistance Program is a federal initiative which can help you reduce your monthly home energy costs. You may also be able to receive assistance with the payment of your utility bills. To apply for HEAP you can contact the office at 518-270-2738 or visit the website to lodge an electronic application.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Verizon Wireless can help you apply for and start benefiting from the federal LifeLine Telephone Discount Service. If you would like to read more about the program’s details, you can browse the website. Alternatively, you should call the office at 800-256-4646 if you have any queries or need help with your application for LifeLine.
Help With Childcare
Low-income families where one or both parents of minors are working might be eligible for Subsidized Child Care Support. You can apply to see whether you family meets program requirements. Applications can be submitted online or you can contact the department office at 518-833-6190 for any queries related to your application.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
If you cannot afford medical and dental services and meet program requirements, you can apply for Medicaid to start receiving healthcare benefits from this federally-funded initiative. You can learn more about the Medicaid program online. Alternatively, if you have any questions or need help with your application, you can get in touch with the Medicaid Troy Office at 518-266-7970.
Help From Other Groups
The Hope 7 Community Center is a nonprofit outreach organization that aims to end the cycle of poverty within the community. They provide residents in need with a wide range of assistance programs including counseling, legal referrals, emergency shelter, and food provisions. If you find yourself in need, you may call the office at 518-272-8029 or visit their website to see how the center can assist you with your crisis.
We hope that this post has been helpful in pointing Troy residents in the right direction when it comes to applying for local assistance services.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers