Single mothers that live in the Twenty-Nine Palms area of San Bernardino County can apply for a range of benefits which are offered as part of federal and state operated assistance programs. In this post we’ll show you where and how to apply for help.
CalWORKS is a California-State based assistance program that may provide single mothers with cash assistance if they meet requirements such as annual income and employment status. The CalWORKS program is available to low-income households that wish to become self-sufficient. To apply for help, dial 2-1-1 or visit the website for more details.
Help With Food
The Community Actin Partnership of San Bernardino County runs a food bank that can lend you a helping hand if you’re struggling to provide your family with nutritious foods during times of a financial crisis. Applications for food assistance can be made by calling the CAPSBC office at 800-635-4618. More details and program requirements can be found on their website.
Help With Shelter and Housing
Along with their food assistance program, the local Community Action Partnership also assists community members in need of housing services. Whether you are in need of rent payment assistance or need to find suitable housing for your family, as a single mother, you can apply for the help you need via their website or by contacting the office at 800-635-4618.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Home Energy Assistance Program was designed to assist those in need, including single mothers, with making their home energy costs more affordable, and it might also help you reduce the cost of your monthly energy bills via weatherization programs. To see if you are eligible for benefits, get in touch with the Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County at 800-635-4618 or visit their website for more details.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
If you would like to apply for discounted telephone and internet service rates, and you feel like you meet income and work requirements, you can submit an application to receive California LifeLine benefits. This service is provided locally by Assurance Wireless, which means you can apply online, or by calling their office at 1-888-898-4888.
Help With Childcare
Single mothers can apply for Child Care Assistance from the San Bernardino County’s Department of Human Services if they need assistance. Assistance may be grated to mothers that meet income and work requirements. Start your application process by either visiting the website or by calling the office at 1-877-410-8829.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medical is the California public health insurance program which aims to provide those in need with a means of affording quality healthcare services. Single mothers can get their families covered for medical and dental care by contacting the San Bernardino County Human Services Department at 1-877-410-8829 or by submitting an online application.
Help With Legal Matters
If you have a non-criminal legal matter with which you need help, but do not have the funds to afford the services of a lawyer, you may be able to find help with the Legal Aid Society of San Bernardino County, Inc. Their office can be reached by dialing 909-889-7328, but you may also visit their website to learn more about how they might be able to assist you with your case.
Help From Other Groups
Catholic Charities of San Bernardino and Riverside Counties offers family & community services, counseling services, refugee and immigration services, and higher education assistance services as part of their aim to help end the cycle of poverty in local communities. Single mothers in need of help with any of these services may visit their website or get in touch with the Head Office at 909-388-1239 to see how they can help you.
As you can clearly see, single mothers living in San Bernardino County do have a lot of options that can lend a helping hand when finances are tight. We hope that this post has given you all the information you’ll need to apply for help should the scenario ever present itself.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers