There are a few ways that families and individuals living in Pennsylvania can apply for assistance with their bills. This page will help residents of Upper Darby to find those resources.
Cash Assistance for single mothers in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services administers the Temporary Assistance For Needy Families program, which helps eligible families with cash assistance that may be used for basic needs. Cash assistance applications can be started by calling the Darby District DHS office at 610-461-3800.
Help With Food for single mothers in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
Located in the Saint Andrew School, St Andrew Food Pantry assists locals in need of food assistance, providing relief to those facing times of crisis, but also offering long-term assistance. You may call the office at 484-461-4954 should you wish to apply for help.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing for single mothers in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
The Community Action Agency of Delaware County runs various emergency shelter and housing assistance programs to try and end homelessness in the community. If you are in need of emergency shelter or need help with applying for a federal housing program, call the office at 610-874-8451 to see how they can assist you.
Help With Energy and Utilities
Home energy assistance is available through the federal LIHEAP program. Eligible low-income households may also apply for utility bill payment assistance under the program. For help with applying for benefits, call the Darby DHS office at 610-461-3800.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Verizon Wireless is a provider of LifeLine, a federal telephone discount program that may be granted to low-income households. You may also be eligible for their interne discount services, which can help you reduce the cost of your monthly telephone and internet bills. To apply for LifeLine, contact Verizon at 800-256-4646.
Help With Childcare
The Office of Child Development and Early Learning offers child care programs to low-income families with minor children. These programs include Keystone STARS and Child Care Works, both of which have their own set of eligibility and income requirements that need to be met before benefits are granted. Call the DHS office at 610-461-3800 and get in touch with the Child Development Department to star your application process for child care assistance.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medical assistance is available from the Department of Human Services in the form of Medicaid. MA is a federal assistance program which can help you gain access to quality, affordable dental and medical services if you are on a low income. To apply for Medicaid, you may call the Consumer Service Center for Health Care Coverage at 1-866-550-4355.
Help With Legal Matters
Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania provides free civil legal assistance services to community members in need. Their services are provided on a first-come, first-served basis, and they are open to the public during select days of the week. Call the office at 610-275-5400 to enquire about open days and what documents should be taken along.
Help From Other Groups
Family & Community Services of Delaware County can help the less-fortunate with assistance services such as emotional and financial counseling, rehabilitation, employment assistance, housing assistance, HIV/AIDS case management, and emergency food assistance. You may call the office at 610-566-7540 should you be in need of emergency assistance.
We hope that you now have a clear picture of exactly how to apply for assistance in the Upper Darby area.