Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Single Mothers grants in Van Buren, Arkansas

This page has been made available for single mothers living in Van Buren to access the necessary assistance programs for themselves and their families during periods of financial hardships.

Cash Assistance

The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families is an initiative of the Arkansas Department of Workforce which seeks to eliminate dependency on government assistance among single mothers by providing them with opportunities that lead to employment and marriage. You can learn more about the TANF program by clicking a link on the website.

Help With Food

The Arkansas Department of Human Services offers assistance through initiatives such as the Supplementary Nutrition Assistant Program and the Summer Feeding Programs and Special Nutrition. To apply for assistance, click a link on their website or give them a call on 479-474-7595.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Help With Shelter and Housing

The Van Buren Housing Authority aims at providing decent homes, to families with low and moderate income. To learn more about the assistance you can get from this authority, visit the website and fill in your details. The office number is 479-474-6901.

Help With Energy and Utilities

Single mothers can apply for assistance with the payment of energy and utility bills by downloading an LIHEAP application form from the website of the Arkansas Department of Human Services. Assistance is also available through the Arkansas Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP).  Call the office on 501-745-4192.

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

Assist Wireless is part of the Lifeline Assistance initiative to help single mothers to get phone services for prices as low as $1 per month. In order to qualify for this assistance, you have to be already a participant in a state or federal programs such as housing or food stamps. To find out more information about the eligibility criteria, visit the website or call 855-392-7747.

Help With Childcare

Child Care Assistance is available to families on a low income. Eligible single mothers receive financial assistance that permits them to receive quality child care. Families that meet the income guidelines to qualify for this program can visit the website to learn more or call 800-322-8176.

Help With Legal Matters

Through the services of the Centre for Legal Services single mothers can request for pro bono services in the areas where they live. To find a listing of the lawyers available near where you live, visit the website or call the office on 479-785-5211.

Help With Financial Counseling

CCOA helps vulnerable groups including single mothers to master skills to run their personal finances including budgeting. The organization offers free seminars, financial counseling and access to credit report reviews. Information about the assistance you can receive from them can be accessed on the website or by calling 479-521-8877 or 800-889-4916.

Help From Other Groups

The United Way of Fort Smith Area helps single mothers by mobilizing communities to address important issues such as hunger and access to early childhood education. To find out how you can either benefit or contribute to the initiative visit the website or call the office on 479-782-3505.

It is our hope that the information we have provided on the page above will be useful to single mothers and their families during their time of need.

Sponsored links