This page has been made available for single mothers living in Van Buren to access the necessary assistance programs for themselves and their families during periods of financial hardships.
The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families is an initiative of the Arkansas Department of Workforce which seeks to eliminate dependency on government assistance among single mothers by providing them with opportunities that lead to employment and marriage. You can learn more about the TANF program by clicking a link on the website.
Help With Food
The Arkansas Department of Human Services offers assistance through initiatives such as the Supplementary Nutrition Assistant Program and the Summer Feeding Programs and Special Nutrition. To apply for assistance, click a link on their website or give them a call on 479-474-7595.
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Van Buren Housing Authority aims at providing decent homes, to families with low and moderate income. To learn more about the assistance you can get from this authority, visit the website and fill in your details. The office number is 479-474-6901.
Help With Energy and Utilities
Single mothers can apply for assistance with the payment of energy and utility bills by downloading an LIHEAP application form from the website of the Arkansas Department of Human Services. Assistance is also available through the Arkansas Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). Call the office on 501-745-4192.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Assist Wireless is part of the Lifeline Assistance initiative to help single mothers to get phone services for prices as low as $1 per month. In order to qualify for this assistance, you have to be already a participant in a state or federal programs such as housing or food stamps. To find out more information about the eligibility criteria, visit the website or call 855-392-7747.
Help With Childcare
Child Care Assistance is available to families on a low income. Eligible single mothers receive financial assistance that permits them to receive quality child care. Families that meet the income guidelines to qualify for this program can visit the website to learn more or call 800-322-8176.
Help With Legal Matters
Through the services of the Centre for Legal Services single mothers can request for pro bono services in the areas where they live. To find a listing of the lawyers available near where you live, visit the website or call the office on 479-785-5211.
Help With Financial Counseling
CCOA helps vulnerable groups including single mothers to master skills to run their personal finances including budgeting. The organization offers free seminars, financial counseling and access to credit report reviews. Information about the assistance you can receive from them can be accessed on the website or by calling 479-521-8877 or 800-889-4916.
Help From Other Groups
The United Way of Fort Smith Area helps single mothers by mobilizing communities to address important issues such as hunger and access to early childhood education. To find out how you can either benefit or contribute to the initiative visit the website or call the office on 479-782-3505.
It is our hope that the information we have provided on the page above will be useful to single mothers and their families during their time of need.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers