Single mothers grants in Victoria, Texas

It’s not every day that we find ourselves in need of help with our bills, but when the time does come, it’s good to know that you have the right contact information to get a helping hand as soon as possible. This page will guide Victoria residents towards finding, and applying for assistance services in their area.

Cash Assistance programs for single mothers

Texas’ TANF program (also known as Aid to Families with Children) can temporarily provide needy families with cash loans so that they may acquire basic needs such as food, housing, and healthcare services. The program is only available to low-income families with minor children as well as pregnant women. To apply for the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, you may get in touch with the Department of Human Services at 1-800-448-3927.

Sponsored links

Food benefits application for single mothers

The Food Bank of the Golden Crescent provides ongoing as well as emergency food assistance for members of Victoria County. You may call the office at 361-578-0591 to apply for assistance or to locate a pantry in your area.

Help With Shelter and Housing for single mothers

Designed to help those facing homelessness maintain their stable housing environment, Homeless Prevention is an assistance program that is offered through Mid-Coast Family Services. They can also assist you with rehousing and permanent supportive hosing services, but you may call the office at 316-578-2989 to enquire about what services are available.

Help With Energy and Utilities

As part of the federal LIHEAP initiative, the Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program provides eligible Texas residents with utility assistance. The program also ensures that home energy costs can be minimized thanks to weatherization programs. To submit your application for CEAP, call the Department of Human Services at 1-877-99-8939.

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

The Texas LifeLine program can ensure that your household saves on your landline service costs on a monthly basis. LifeLine is a federal telephone discount program, administered by the Southwest Arkansas Telephone Cooperative. You may call them at 870-653-8222 to apply for LifeLine benefits.

Help With Childcare

Subsidized child care assistance is available from the Child Support Office to eligible low-income families that have minor children. You may apply for assistance only if you meet income and work requirements. To start your application process, call the office at 361-576-6088.

Help With Medical and Dental Care

If you are looking at joining a public healthcare program, Medicaid is one of your best options in the State of Texas. The Medicaid program provides individuals on a limited income with quality affordable healthcare services. To apply fort benefits, you can call the Offices of CHIP and Medicaid at 800-252-8263.

Help With Legal Matters

Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid, Inc. is a nonprofit legal organization that provides pro bono legal assistance services as part of their aim to give needy community members access to quality legal advice and representation. You may call their Intake Line at 800-234-1274 to find out if they are able to assist you with your legal matters.

Help From Other Groups

Perpetual Help Home, Inc. is a justice organization that can help women become self-reliant after a time of financial crisis. They provide supportive services and skills training courses along with permanent supportive housing to eligible applicants. Call their office at 361-575-5335 to see if you qualify for assistance.

There you have resources you can reach out to in Victoria, Texas if you are in need of help with bills.

++ Also read