This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Single mothers grants in Vineland, New Jersey

Sponsored links

One day, the money is here, and the next day you lose your job and everything else. In Vineland, New Jersey, learn how you can get your finances back in order.

Cash grants for single mothers

Cumberland County Division of Social Services has cash assistance programs known as Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) and General Assistance (GA). You must meet eligibility requirements and apply online or complete an application at the office. Call (856) 691-4600 during normal business hours.

Food assistance for single mothers

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is available to New Jersey residents. Find links to this program on the Community Food Bank of New Jersey (CFBNJ) website and apply online if you meet income and residency requirements. If you want to learn more, you can talk to a FoodBank SNAP Outreach Coordinator by calling 1-800-609-3663.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

The Emergency Assistance Pantry (EAP) provides a place for low-income people to shop for food. For an appointment, contact (609) 383-8843 or fbrooks@cfbnj.org. Also, check the distribution times and locations for the CFBNJ mobile pantries.

For the Family Pack program, which packs free lunches for school children, contact (908) 355-3663 or email tcasseus@cfbnj.org. There are additional food assistance programs and services found on the website.

Shelter and Housing  assistance for single mothers

Find shelters, transitional housing and affordable, long-term housing through the Center For Family Services.

Helping Hands is a program that handles foster care arrangements for children. The contact information is 1-877-9-ACCESS and access@centerffs.org.

Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has a list of shelters in Cumberland County.

Located in Vineland, the Salvation Army can be contacted at (856) 696-5050.

Energy and Utilities grants for single mothers

Look into the program that offers Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP). Know if you qualify and download an application. Mail or drop it off at the agency closest to you. Call 1 (800) 510-3102 to ask about energy assistance.

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

Enroll in the Lifeline discount program to reduce the cost of your monthly Verizon service. Show documented proof that you need phone assistance. Download the application online and send it to your phone company.

Help with Childcare

The Division of Family Development has home-based and school-based childcare programs. There are state subsidies available, too, such as the Child Care Subsidy Program and Work First New Jersey (WFNJ). Apply online or call Rutgers Southern Regional CCR&R at (856) 462-6800.

Learn more about all of these programs at 1-800-332-9227 or make an appointment with Cumberland County Board of Social Services at (856) 691-4600.

Help with Medical and Dental Care

New Jersey residents have access to Medicaid. Contact 1-800-356-1561 or the Cumberland County Board of Social Services at (856) 691-4600.

NJ FamilyCare provides health insurance to eligible individuals. Apply online or download an application. Both Medicaid and NJ FamilyCare include coverage for dental care, doctors’ visits and prescription drugs.

Help with Legal Matters

South Jersey Legal Services, Inc. serves the low-income people of Cumberland County. Typical cases include public benefits, bankruptcies, wills and tenant-landlord disputes. Call them at 1-800-496-4570 or (856) 691-0494, email at SJLSCumberland@lsnj.org or stop by the office.

Help with Financial Counseling

Family Guidance Center has consumer credit counseling for NJ residents. Get help on debt management and home ownership. They are trained to prevent foreclosures, advise first time buyers, and more. Contact the center at (609) 586-0668.

Help from Other Groups

The Salvation Army in Vineland has a food pantry, free eye clinic, childcare, clothing distribution, homeless shelters, and after school programs. Call the office at (856) 696-5050 to find out more about these services.

At the Family Guidance Center, find treatments for substance abuse and mental health disorders along with family preservation services, Medicare assistance, and prenatal screening.

There are a number of financial assistance programs available at the local, state and federal levels. Applying is worth the time and effort as they can most likely point you in the direction of someone who can help.

++ Also read