This guide has been put together to assist single mothers residing in Walnut to identify and apply for assistance programs available in the county of Los Angeles during times of financial hardship.
If your family finds itself in a precarious financial situation due to the death, incapacity or unemployment of a bread winner, you can turn to the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program. To get more information about how you can qualify, visit the website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Help With Food
Families struggling to put nutritious food on the table can turn to CalFresh, formerly known as the California Food Stamps Program. This program helps single mothers to boost their food-buying power. For more information about how you can qualify for this program, visit the department’s website of call 310-216-3917.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
Some of the services available from the Homeless Programs of the DPSS to single mothers experiencing homelessness include the Moving Assistance Program, the Emergency Assistance to Prevent Eviction Program and the Homeless Case Management Program. To find out how you can qualify for this assistance, visit the department’s website.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment was funded in 1976 as a non-profit organization aimed at alleviating challenges faced by vulnerable groups in society. This organization can assist you to pay for the energy you use to control temperature. You can learn more about the eligibility criteria on their website or by calling 213-353-3982.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Assurance Wireless is a California Lifeline provider dedicated to making phone and internet services available to low-income households, including those headed by single mothers. To find out how you can benefit from the opportunities made available by this initiative, visit the website.
Help With Childcare
Single mothers participating in Welfare-to-Work activities can benefit from affordable, quality and immediate child care made possible by the CalWORKs Child Care Program. To get more information about how you can benefit from these programs, visit the department website.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
If your family is struggling to pay for visits to medical practitioners you can receive assistance from Medi-Cal. Visit the department’s website to learn more about how you can apply for these services. You can also apply online or mail and application request to P.0.Box 77267, Los Angeles, CA 90007-9819.
Help With Legal Matters
Single mothers who require legal assistance with non-criminal matters can approach the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles. For more information about the services available dial 800-399-4529 to speak to a consultant or visit their website.
Help With Financial Counseling
The Los Angeles Federal Credit Union makes debt counseling services available to vulnerable groups such as single mothers. If you feel that your debt is getting out of control, you can pop into any of their offices even without an appointment. Visit their website to get more information.
Help from other groups
St. Vincent’s is a Catholic organization which aims to help the needy to become self-sufficient by providing an environment that makes this possible. For more information about how you can benefit from their programs, visit their website or contact their office at 800-974-3571.
We hope that the information we have provided on this page has been useful in helping single mothers in need to identify and apply for assistance when they need it.