Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Single Mothers grants in Wasco, California

In Wasco, many resources are available to help families get through their times of hardship. Find more than one organization willing to help low-income families in Kern County.

Cash Assistance

Cash assistance is available to single-parent families through CalWorks, which stands for California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids. Apply for benefits online or contact your local welfare office. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Food

Food benefits are provided through the state’s Calfresh program. Buy healthy foods if you qualify based on income, family size and residency. Apply for food benefits online, by fax, by phone or in person at the Department of Human Services (DHS) office. Visit the website link for more information.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Help with Shelter and Housing

In Kern County, find housing programs for seniors, foster youth, homeless people, farm workers and recipients of public assistance. Obtain your application at the Central Office or find a housing development center near you. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Energy and Utilities

Help in paying your energy bills is provided through the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). Thousands of households qualify based on their proof of low income. Download and mail in your application. Call HEAP at (661) 336-5203 for questions, or visit the website link for more information.

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

California Budget Mobile LifeLine serves single mothers and families in Wasco with no-cost, no-contract phone services. They must meet eligibility requirements for low income or enroll in a public assistance program. Fill out an online questionnaire to start the process. Call Budget Mobile at (888) 777-4007, or visit the website link for more information.

Help with Childcare

Single mothers have access to Head Start and Early Head Start programs in Kern County. To become eligible, children in Head Start must be 3 to 5 years old, and children in Early Head Start must be 3 years or younger. Contact the division office in Bakersfield, or call 1-800-701-7060 for help. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Medical and Dental Care

Medi-Cal services are offered to qualified members in counties all over the state. Single mothers and their children, the elderly, the disabled and low-income adults may qualify. Apply online, by phone or in person at your DHS office. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Legal Matters

Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance, Inc. has legal resources for low-income individuals and families in Wasco. Find help for issues that involve housing, homelessness, public benefits, domestic violence and families. Sign up at the Bakersfield office or contact them at 661-325-5943 or 888-292-4252. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Financial Counseling

Financial counseling for low-income people includes questions about debt, credit, housing and bankruptcy. The Consumer Credit Counseling Service has representatives to answer those questions if you live in Kern County. Complete an online form to make an appointment. Visit the website link for more information.

Help From Other Groups

Catholic Charities has assistance for food, clothing, temporary housing and elderly services in Wasco and beyond. Find the center closest to you. Visit the website link for more information.

Wasco has financial assistance to help qualified single mothers and their families.

Sponsored links