If you are looking for assistance as a single mother living in Waukesha, then this page will guide you towards finding and applying for programs in your area.
Single mothers can apply for employment assistance as well as temporary cash loans under the Wisconsin Works program. The assistance program provides benefits if and when applicants meet income and other program requirements. More details can be found online or by getting in touch with the TANF Office at 855-757-4339.
Help With Food
FoodShare is Wisconsin’s food assistance program which provides its participants with electronic benefits that allows them to “pay” for food items at selected retail stores. While there are a set of eligibility requirements that need to be met before benefits can be granted, you can use the pre-screening tool found online to determine your eligibility. Applications can be started by getting in touch with the Assistance Hotline at 1-800-362-3002.
Help With Energy and Utilities
WHEAP is Wisconsin’s Home Energy Assistance Program, and it can help single mothers ay for their utility bills, and might also provide weatherization programs which can reduce the cost of their home energy bills. To apply for WHEAP benefits, call the Hotline at 1-866-432-8947 or visit the website.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
The federal LifeLine Telephone Discount program is provided locally by SafeLink Wireless. Single mothers that are interested in saving a preset monthly amount on their landline bills can apply to see if they qualify for benefits by using the online tool or by contacting SafeLink at 1-800-723-3546.
Help With Childcare
The Wisconsin Shares program can ensure that single mothers can afford to work and still pay for child care since the state will help them pay for the costs of their child care services if they meet program requirements. Call the Child Care Coordinator Office at 262-896-3368 or visit the website to find out more or to submit an application for assistance.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
If you or your children are not ensured for medical and dental care services, you can apply for healthcare coverage under the BadgerCare Plus plan, which is funded by the federal Medicaid program. Single mothers should contact the Healthcare Hotline at 1-888-409-1979 to start their applications, or alternatively make use of the online tool.
Help With Legal Matters
If you have a legal matter that you need help with and cannot afford the services of a lawyer, you may seek assistance from the Wisconsin Judicare office, but only if your case is non-criminal. Refer to their website for more details on what services are on offer, or alternatively call the office at 715-842-1681 to get help right away.
Help With Financial Counseling
Free online debt consolation services and financial counseling is available to Waukesha community members that want to take charge of their finances. The services are offered through Central Debt Solutions, but you can visit their website to see how their courses work, or to book your course.
Help From Other Groups
HOPE Network is a residence for single mothers and their children, which can help single moms, get back on their feet, and become self-reliant. They provide a range of assistance service designed to support single mothers, but you can contact them at 262-251-7333 or visit their website to see how they can help you and your young children.
Single mothers living in Waukesha should be armed with all the information they’ll need to apply for a helping hand after having read through this page!
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers