Wisconsin has a wealth of resources for single mothers in need of assistance. In Wauwatosa, there is no shortage of organizations who can help with food, cash assistance, emergency shelters, and more. Here are some resources you can turn to:
Wisconsin Works (W-2) has cash assistance and job training for low-income individuals. A Financial and Employment Planner (FEP) is there to provide you with personalized assistance. To apply, contact the Department of Children and Families at (608) 267-3905 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the website link for more information on resources available to you.
Help with Food
FoodShare Wisconsin has healthy food benefits available to single mothers and their families. Apply online, by mail or by fax. Call 1-800-362-3002 to find a nearby agency and apply in person. Afterwards, you have to do an interview with a case worker. Visit the website link for more information on your eligibility for benefits.
Help with Shelter and Housing
Community Advocates has resources for emergency sheltering, rental assistance and temporary housing. The Homeless Outreach Nursing program helps homeless people within their communities. Project Bridge helps single mothers with their need to secure long-term housing. Call 2-1-1 or visit a local W-2 agency in person. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
The Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) helps you if you fall back on paying the utilities. Receive an annual payment based on your income, family size and energy bill costs. To apply, visit a nearby energy assistance agency or call 1-866-HEATWIS (432-8947). Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
SafeLink Wireless has an affordable program for wireless telephone users. Your eligibility depends on your low income limits or enrollment in public assistance. Apply online or call 1-800-723-3546 to have the application mailed to you. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
Wisconsin Shares provides a child care subsidy to eligible families. Participants must be low income and either employed or enrolled in school. Apply online or in person at a local county agency. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has the BadgerCare Plus program for low-income individuals and families. Apply online, by phone or in person at a local DHHS agency. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
Legal Action of Wisconsin has affordable legal services for single mothers in Milwaukee County. They handle cases that involve housing, foreclosures, bankruptcies, public benefits and other issues. Call our office at (414) 278-7722 or (888) 278-0633. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
The GreenPath financial wellness center has debt and credit counseling services all over the U.S. Get help for a wide range of financial issues, such as evictions, foreclosures, credit card debt, debt management and more. For questions about eligibility, call customer service at (800) 550-1961. Contact one of our two Milwaukee offices in person or by appointment. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
The Salvation Army serves low-income communities in Milwaukee County. Receive basic resources for food, housing, clothing and transportation. Make an appointment by calling (920) 593-2379. Visit the website link for more information.
Single mothers no longer have to struggle alone. You have local resources in Wauwatosa that can help you overcome their financial obstacles.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers