If you are a single mother living in West Hollywood who could use some financial assistance, these resources may be able to help.
Cash assistance available through the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program can be used to assist single mothers in paying for medicine, food, housing, utilities and other essential needs. To get more information concerning the qualification criteria, visit the DPSS website.
Help With Food
Single mothers who find themselves unable to provide adequate food for their families can turn to the benefits offered by CalFresh. This program replaced the California Food Stamps Program. More information about qualifying for this program can be accessed at the DPSS website or by dialing 310-216-3917.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
The DPSS Housing Program makes available various benefits services to vulnerable households of which some include, the Homeless Assistance Program. Visit the DPSS website to find out how you family can benefit from the services offered.
Help With Energy and Utilities
Households struggling to pay for their energy and utilities can take advantage of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power’s Low-Income Rate Assistance. To find out more about how you can benefit from a 15% reduction in your bill, visit the department’s website or dial 800-342-5397.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Single mothers who face challenges paying their internet and phone bills can get assistance from Assurance Wireless. Visit the company’s website to find out how you can benefit from a handset, unlimited free voice minutes and texts and 500 megabytes of data per month.
Help With Childcare
If you are involved in Welfare-to-Work activities, you can receive child care assistance through the DPSS CalWORKs Child Care Program. To find out how you can receive immediate, affordable and quality child care, visit the website.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Los Angeles residents who struggle to afford medical care are welcome to approach Medi-Cal for assistance. This assistance is available to any single mother who qualifies regardless of age, race and immigration status. To find out more about how you can apply for this assistance visit the DPSS website or submit an application request to the Application Office: P.O. Box 77267, Los Angeles, CA 90007-9819.
Help With Legal Matters
The Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles believes that in order for a person to receive justice, they need to have access to the court which is equal as everybody else. Single mothers who have none criminal cases can approach the organization by visiting the website or dialing the office at 800-433-6251.
Help With Financial Counseling
To receive debt counseling from the Financial Counseling Center, you do not need to place an appointment. Just pop into any of their offices and a debt counselor will be waiting to talk to you. Phone the office at 323-954-4330 or visit the website to get more information.
Help from other groups
The Watts Labor Community Action Committee offers a Homeless Access Center, Shelter Plus and Transitional Housing for Mental Health to individuals among other benefits. To find out how this organization can be of assistance, single mothers can visit the website, call the office or send an email to email@example.com .
Reach out to the organization(s) which can help with what you need most.