It is easy to sink into debt fast, even with a full time job. Maybe you are not in debt, but you barely have enough to get by each day. Here are several of the organizations willing to help you in West New York, New Jersey.
Cash grants for single mothers
WorkFirst NJ (WFNJ) is connected to Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Collectively, both programs provide cash assistance along with job training and educational opportunities. The General Assistance (GA) program provides benefits to individuals without children. After 5 years of completion, individuals can transfer to Supportive Assistance to Individuals and Families (SAIF).
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) assists the elderly and disabled. Call WFNJ at 1-800-792-9773 to see if you qualify for any program.
Food benefits for single mothers
The Salvation Army Union City Corps serves needy people in West New York and surrounding cities. They have several soup kitchens, food pantries, and mobile feeding programs.
The NJ Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides money for food to individuals who qualify. Eligibility is based on income and family size. Check the guidelines and apply online, mail in an application or apply in person. The SNAP hotline number is 1-800-687-9512.
Help with Shelter and Housing for single mothers
The Hoboken Shelter includes emergency shelter and food assistance. They also offer job training and long-term housing options. Contact this organization at executive.director@
Help with Energy and Utilities
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Obtain a Lifeline discount for your Verizon phone bill. Some low-income people may be eligible for reduced rates on the monthly bill and a discounted installation fee. Fill out the application for New Jersey residents online.
Help with Childcare
The NJ Division of Family Development has Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (CCR&Rs) that handle all child care needs for qualified families. Get financial assistance to pay for a child care provider if you meet income eligibility.
Fill out an eligibility application here. Reach the CCR&R of Hudson County at (201) 451-8888 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more about child care programs by contacting the Hudson County Dept of Family Services at (201) 420-3000.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid is available to income-eligible residents of New Jersey. Additional eligibility requirements are based on age and family size. Call 1-800-356-1561 or the Hudson County Dept of Family Services at (201) 420-3000.
Apply online for the NJ FamilyCare program or call 1-800-701-0710. Receive coverage for dental care, mental health services, preventative screenings, doctors’ visits and more.
Help with Legal Matters
Find a list of free or low-cost legal aid providers in West New York. The cases covered include bankruptcy, foreclosure, domestic violence and healthcare issues.
Help with Financial Counseling
Financial and housing counseling is available to income-eligible residents. Learn tips about money management, credit resolutions and foreclosure prevention. Call (201) 488-5100 to make an appointment.
Help from Other Groups
The North Hudson Community Action Corporation has a wide range of services for the community. Get savings on prescription drugs, find affordable housing, join Head Start or get tax preparation help.
Choose from a long list of financial assistance programs for individuals and families in West New York. Whether it is food or housing, know that you are covered for all of your individual needs.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers