Being a single mother can be equally as rewarding as it can be exhausting, and the last thing you want to face is a financial crisis which leaves you unable to provide for your children. Luckily, there are a range of assistance programs designed to lend a helping hand, and on this page, we’ll be showing single moms in Wheeling where they can apply for help.
West Virginia Works is a cash assistance program that aims to provide support for families on a limited income, during times of financial hardships. Certain work and income requirements have to be met before cash assistance can be granted, but you can verify your eligibility by either visiting the website, or by contacting the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources at 304-558-0628.
Help With Food
Administered by the DHHR, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program can help single mothers by providing them with electronic benefits, which can be used at participating stores to pay for food supplies. To apply for SNAP, you should get in touch with the Client Services Office at 1-800-642-8589. Alternatively, you can also have a look at the website for detailed program information and contact numbers.
Help With Shelter and Housing
Single mothers can apply for a range of housing assistance programs, provided that they meet income and work requirements, as set out by the Greater Wheeling Coalition for the Homeless. If you’re aiming to become self-reliant and need housing assistance, call the office at 304-232-6105 or visit the website for application details.
Help With Energy and Utilities
LIEAP is operated by the Division of Family Assistance as an effort to assist low-income families with the cost of their home heating services. The Low Income Energy Assistance Program can help you with utility bill payments, and it can also help you save on monthly charges thanks to weatherization programs. To learn more, visit the website or contact the DFA Office at 304-558-0628.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Frontier is a registered service provider for the national LifeLine Telephone Discount Program. The company can help you benefit from LifeLine which will allow you to qualify for a monthly discount on your landline services. Single mothers that are employed but are on a limited income can start their application process online or by calling the Frontier Customer Service Line at 1-800-921-8101.
Help With Childcare
If you are struggling to pay the costs of child care services for your children, you can apply to see if you qualify for Child Care Assistance from the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources. Queries and applications should be directed to the office at 304-558-0628, or alternatively you can also refer to the website for more details.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
The Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC) is a national basic healthcare and nutrition program that can help single mothers ensure that their families are covered for a limited range of medical and dental care services. To enroll in the WIC program, you’ll have to use the online application tool or contact the Office of Nutrition Services at 304-558-0030.
elp With Legal Matters
Legal Aid of West Virginia tries to assist community members that are on a limited income and need help with their legal matters. They provide a wide range of free and low-cost legal assistance services for civil matters, but you can see how they can help you by visiting the website or by calling them at 1-866-255-4370.
Help From Other Groups
The Public Housing Department, administered by the Parkersburg Housing Authority, provides single mothers with an opportunity to rent an apartment at greatly reduced costs. Program requirements state that you have to meet income and work requirements in order to qualify for assistance, but you can visit the website to submit an application in order to verify eligibility.
We’re positive that this page will greatly contribute towards helping single mothers in Wheeling find – and apply for – assistance programs in their area.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers