Aid for cash, food, and supplies is essential for the survival of single mothers. In Winchester, learn more about the many assistance programs that have helped thousands of families.
In Winchester, the auxiliary grant (AF) is available to eligible recipients of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and assisted living. To apply, mail a completed application to the Department of Social Services (DSS) office near you. Call Winchester’s DSS at (540) 662-3807, apply through CommonHelp or visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
DSS has information about the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps, for Virginians. Apply online or contact your DSS office.
Congregational Community Action Project (CCAP) is a nonprofit organization with a food pantry for homeless and registered clients. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Shelter and Housing
Virginia Easy Access has a directory of accessible housing for low-income residents. The Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA) has information about rental assistance and affordable home repairs. Call 2-1-1 or use the Virginia Navigator to find local services. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
Single mothers may need help to pay their monthly energy and utility bills. DSS has energy assistance that includes heating or cooling emergencies, weatherization and housing repairs. Apply online using CommonHelp, mail in an application or visit a local DSS office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Pay your phone bill this month using the no-cost SafeLink Wireless service. Get free, no-contract service if you are eligible. Apply online or call 1-800-723-3546 for a mailed or faxed application. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
Child care assistance is available to all eligible single mothers in Winchester. Assistance includes subsidies to pay for a licensed child care provider. Contact the local DSS agency for an application or visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Medicare and Medicaid are the two main healthcare programs offered in the state. Medicare helps the elderly, and Medicaid helps low-income families. Apply online through CommonHelp or in person at a DSS office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
Virginia Legal Aid Society helps single mothers in need of free or low-cost legal advice. Cases that affect debtors, the elderly, employees, domestic violence victims, healthcare patients and public assistance recipients are accepted. The LawLine is available at 1-866-534-5243. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
Financial counseling in Winchester is provided by a certified professional. Receive advice about money management, investment or retirement planning and college funding. Contact them at (540) 662-4642 or email@example.com. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
The Salvation Army of Winchester provides immediate relief to single mothers and their children. There are family stores with donated goods, natural disaster services and back-to-school assistance. Visit the website link for more information.
Juggling the duties of being a single mother is possible but still very difficult. If you are in need, contact these assistance programs in your local community.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers