As a single mother struggling to make it, you may feel alone. The truth is that many other people know what it is like to be in your shoes. They have given back to the community and created organizations devoted just to single mothers. Here are some programs you can turn to in Winslow, Arizona.
Cash assistance is available to those who qualify. For up to 5 years, single mothers receive funds to cover life’s necessities. The Department of Economic Security has offices in and around Winslow. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
Food assistance is distributed in food banks throughout Navajo County. To receive cash assistance, enroll in the Nutrition Assistance (NA) program, which is the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) in Arizona. Apply online or contact a DES office near you. Visit the website link for more information.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help with Shelter and Housing
The White Mountain Catholic Charities has services for short-term and long-term housing. They have rental assistance, motel vouchers and food banks. Call (928) 367-224, go to the office or visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
Many single mothers pay their energy and utility bills with the help of the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). To sign up, find the nearest Community Action Agency (CAA) that distributes the program. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Lifeline is your low-cost solution for high landline and cell phone bills. Each household is limited to one discount. Apply by faxing or mailing in your application. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
DES Child Care Services are provided to single mothers and their families if they meet eligibility. Recipients must participate in education or employment to qualify. Contact your local DES office to learn more or visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Receive medical assistance in the form of AHCCCS Health Insurance. Check your eligibility and look through a list of programs. Apply online through MyFamilyBenefits. If you have questions, contact the DES office closest to you. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
DNA’s Legal Services has representatives to help you secure housing, civil rights, public benefits and more. Apply for free services online, by phone or in person. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
The Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona helps with all types of money and housing problems. The financial counseling services are designed to prevent foreclosures, rebuild credit and prepare for first-time home buying. Send an email, call (928) 214-7456 or show up at the office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
The Salvation Army serves disadvantaged communities in Phoenix and surrounding areas. They provide domestic violence shelters and adult rehabilitation services along with programs for youth and the elderly. To contact the center, call (602) 267-4100, send an email or show up in person. Visit the website link for more information.
Many Navajo County residents are benefitting from the wide range of assistance provided to single mothers. Regardless of your age and financial status, find out how you can get a push in the right direction and take advantage of these services.