Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Single Mothers grants in Yakima, Washington

If you are a Yakima resident and find yourself needing a little help with the bills as a single mother, you’d be happy to know that there are quite a few options to consider. This page will help you find suitable assistance programs in your area.

Cash Assistance

The Washington WorkFirst Program is funded by the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families grant. WV can help single mothers by providing them with temporary cash loans in order to get to a place where they become self-reliant. You can start your application process for benefits online, or by contacting the Assistance Office at 1-877-501-2233.

elp With Food

Basic Food is Washington’s version of the federally-funded Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, and it can be used to supplement a low-income family’s monthly food expenses by providing them with benefits to purchase foods. Basic Food benefit applications can be made by calling the Assistance Office at 1-877-501-2233 or they can be submitted online.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Help With Shelter and Housing

Single mothers that are unemployed (and that don’t have the ability to work) may be eligible for housing assistance and essential needs assistance that is provided by the Housing and Essential Needs Referral Program. Should you wish to apply for HEN assistance, you can contact the Assistance Office at 1-877-501-2233. If you would like to learn more about the program and its potential benefits, you should consult the website.

Help With Energy and Utilities

Households that are at or below the federal poverty guidelines can receive utility bill payment assistance or weatherization services, which form part of the benefits provided by the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. LIHEAP details and requirements can be found by visiting the website, but you can check to see if you qualify for assistance by calling the Opportunities Industrialization Center of Washington’s office at 509-452-7145.

Help With Childcare

Washington’s Child Care Subsidy Program provides single mothers with the opportunity to get relief from the payments of their child care services expenses. If you need help with your childcare costs, you can apply for benefits by submitting an online application form, or by calling the DHS at 1-877-501-2233.

Help With Medical and Dental Care

Apple Health is Washington’s public healthcare program, which forms part of the federally-funded Medicare Healthcare Assistance Program. This program is administered by the Department of Health and Human Services. Single mothers can apply to get their families covered for medical and dental care services, given that the meet income and work requirements. Get in touch with the Yakima Community Services Office at 1-888-338-7410 to see if your family is eligible for healthcare assistance.

Help With Legal Matters

Yakima County Volunteer Attorney Services can assist you with your legal matters if your case is civil and non-criminal. They may offer you free services, but they also cover a wide range of legal services at low costs. You can apply to get the help you need by calling the VAS office at 1-888-201-1014 or by visiting their website.

Help With Financial Counseling

Single mothers that would like to take control of their finances in order to become self-reliant can turn to Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Yakima. They offer free financial counseling and can help you make your debt more manageable. Visit their website or call the office at 509-248-5270 to speak to a financial counselor.

Help From Other Groups

Catholic Charities Housing Services provides low-income families with the opportunity to own their own property tanks to their affordable housing solutions. They administer a wide range of assistance programs, which are made available to community members in need which also meet work and income requirements. Applications for assistance can be made via the website or by contacting them at 509-853-3479.

As you can see, Yakima is served by a range of assistance programs which can prove to be valuable resources for single mothers during times of financial uncertainty.

Sponsored links