While the state of Ohio has a lot of resources that provides bill assistance programs, it can be difficult to pinpoint resources in specific areas. This page has been compiled to help residents of Youngstown find the information they’ll need to apply for help in their area.
Cash grants for single mothers
If your family is working towards self-sufficiency and you need cash assistance, you might qualify to receive a once-off cash loan from the Ohio Works First program. The OWF initiative is funded from the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Grant and administered by the Ohio Job and Family Services department. To learn more about the program or to apply for benefits, visit the website or call the local OJFS office at 330-740-2600.
Food assistance for single mothers
Second Harvest Food Bank of Mahoning Valley offers a range of food assistance programs as well as emergency food supplies to community members as part of their plan to eradicate hunger. To apply for help you can either visit the website or call their office at 330-792-5522.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing assistance for single mothers
Catholic Charities has a Housing Opportunities division that aims to assist those facing homelessness. They can help you with emergency shelter as well as assist you with applying for federal housing assistance. More information on the programs can be found online. Alternatively, you can also call the office at 330-744-8451 for any queries.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Mahoning County Community Action Partnership administers a range of energy and utility assistance programs. These range from Emergency & Planned Assistance to General Energy Assistance program, comprising of 7 different assistance types. Full details and program requirements can be found on the website. You can contact the office at 330-747-7921 to start your application process for energy and utility assistance.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
AT&T can help you gain access to discounted telephone services through the federal LifeLine program. The discount program has a set of eligibility requirements that need to be met before benefits are granted, but you can read more on that by visiting the website. To start your LifeLine application, call the AT&T Help Line at 1-888-256-5378.
Help With Childcare
Publicly funded childcare assistance is available through the Job and Family Services division, and is granted to eligible low-income families with minor children that qualify for benefits. To see if your family meets program requirements, visit the website or call the office at 330-740-2600 and start your application process.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
The Department of Job & Family Services administers the Ohio Medicaid program. Under the federal healthcare plan you can gain access to quality, affordable medical and dental services. Should you wish to apply for Medicaid, you may call the ODJFS office at 330-740-2600 or alternatively submit your application form online.
Help With Legal Matters
Specializing in pro-bono and low-cost legal assistance services in Central Northeast Ohio, Community Legal Aid might be the solution that can help you with your legal matters if you cannot afford the services of a lawyer. You can call their intake line at 330-744-3196 or visit their website to see if they are able to assist you.
Help From Other Groups
Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley can help you with a range of assistance programs including transitional housing, education services, counseling programs and employment assistance. To learn more about the organization, head to their website or contact them at 330-744-5486.
We hope that this page has navigated you into the right direction for finding help in Youngstown when finances are a little tight.