Zanesville residents have a few options to consider when it comes to finding resources for assisting with the bills. On this page we’ll highlight some of the most useful local assistance programs.
Cash grants for single mothers
The Ohio Works First program, a part of the federal TANF initiative, aims to relieve poverty in communities by granting once-off financial loans to families with minor children. If your family would like to achieve self-sufficiency but you need cash assistance, you can apply for OWF to see if you are eligible for benefits. Applications can be submitted online or by calling the Job and Family Services office at 740-454-0161.
Food grants for single mothers
Christ’s Table is a local food pantry that exists to provide families and individuals living in Zanesville with nutritious foods, whether they need ongoing support or just emergency assistance. You can call the office at 740-452-9766 or visit the website to learn more about applying for food assistance.
Housing assistance for single mothers
The Salvation Army of Zanesville provides a range of social services to community members in need, including housing and shelter services. If you need help with applying for housing assistance or need emergency shelter, you can call the office at 740-452-8450. Alternatively, you can also consult their website to learn more about the ways they are helping the community.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Muskingum County Center for Seniors administers the federally-funded Home Energy Assistance Program. Low-income households that need help with their energy and utilities can apply for HEAP if they meet program requirements. To learn more about these requirements or to apply for assistance, you can visit the website or call the office at 740-454-9761.
Help With Childcare
Child care assistance services are available to low-income families with minor children, and applications can be submitted to the Muskingum County Job and Family Services. For more details on the program and the benefits included, consult the website. Alternatively, call the MCJFS office at 740-454-0161 to start your application process.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Administered by the County Department of Job and Family Services, Covered Families and Medicaid are two public healthcare programs made available to community members that cannot afford private health insurance. You can learn more about the programs online, but if you would like to start your application process, you can call the office at 740-454-0161.
Help With Legal Matters
Southeastern Ohio Legal Services can help you with your legal matters at no cost, given that your case is a civil matter and you meet income requirements. Call their office at 800-589-5888 or visit their website to see if SEOLS can assist you.
Help With Financial Counseling
Empowering and Strengthening Ohio’s People (ESOP) provides housing and financial counseling services to residents of Ohio looking to become self-reliant. If you would like to learn how to become financially stable, call them at 1-877-731-3767 or visit their website to book your seat today.
Help From Other Groups
Providing social, emergency and seasonal assistance, the American Red Cross of Southeast Ohio tries to assist the needy through a range of outreach initiatives. From hunger relief campaigns to counseling services, they extend their helping hand throughout Ohio. Call them at 740-452-2731 or consult their website to see how they are able to provide relief for you or your family.
As you can see, Zanesville is served by quite a number of organizations that aim to provide assistance with bills for community members in need.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers