Women across the country struggle every day to pay their bills. These organizations can help.
Help with Food
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is a program that offers assistance to women who need food and other services during pregnancy. The benefits are then transferred over to the infants after birth and remain available until the child reaches age five. Each state has its own contact number which can be found here.
Help with Shelter and Housing
HUD makes available affordable housing to low-income, the elderly, and the disabled. They offer private subsidized living along with public housing. Their main headquarters can be reached by calling (202) 708-1112.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Section 8 is a voucher program that HUD dispenses to families that need money paying for rent. This allows a specific amount of money to be used towards the monthly living expense. There is an application process that can be discovered by calling 1 (800) 955-2232.
Help with Energy and Utilities
Net Wishgives out gifts or pre-paid cards and other aid to families that are struggling to pay their bills. They take requests for assistance on their website.
LIHEAP is a government program that gives aid to people who need help paying utility bills. There are income limits that must be met in order to qualify. More information can be uncovered by calling (202) 401-9351.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Lifeline is a program that helps in covering the costs of home or wireless phone service or the internet. Reach out to your phone provider to see if you qualify.
Help with Childcare
The Child Care and Development Fund gives funds to families that need money to help in paying for child care expenses while they work. Get more details by calling (202) 690-6782.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
HeathWell Foundation gives those that are eligible, cash grants or financial aid to help pay for health costs and medical bills. They can be reached at (800) 675-8413.
Help with Legal Matters
Probono.net is a place where women who are in need of legal aid can go to find an attorney that will help them free of charge. Lawyers can be found by seeking out your individual state. They can also be contacted at (212) 760-2554 for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
Women’s Institute for Financial Education is a non-profit group that ensures women can get the knowledge necessary to be financially independent. Contact them by calling (858) 524-0955.
OnTrack Financial Education & Counseling is provided free of charge through State Farm. They give women education and counseling surrounding finances. Call (828) 255-5166 to learn more.
Help From Other Groups
The Women’s Center offers counseling and education services for women that are looking for extra support. They accept health insurance and offer low rates. Reach them by calling (703) 281-2657.
If you are a woman struggling to make ends meet, get in touch with one of these groups who can provide you with support in many different ways.