This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Housing Assistance for Single Mothers

Sponsored links

Single mothers in the U.S. can find help if they are in need of decent, affordable housing. Grants, rental assistance, and transitional housing are a few options available to you. Here are some resources you can look into if you are a single mother in the U.S. looking for housing assistance.

Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program

The Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program is designed to prevent homelessness and provide emergency sheltering. The program gets homeless individuals and families off the streets. To apply, find a HUD resource locator near you. Visit the website link for more information.

Camillus House

Camillus House is the immediate choice for single mothers who are homeless without food, clothing, or shelter. There are additional resources for job training, healthcare, housing assistance and substance abuse treatments. Call (305) 374-1065 for immediate assistance or submit an online form. Visit the website link for more information.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Low-income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC)

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides Low-income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) for eligible people. LIHTC provides funds for developers to build affordable, low-income homes. The credits are provided through the state housing finance agency. On the agency’s website, find housing tax credit applications and forms. Visit the website link for more information.

Habitat for Humanity

Habitat for Humanity builds affordable homes for single mothers and their families. The homeowners work on building their own houses and buying affordable furnishings from ReStores. The number for the helpline is 1-800-422-4828. You can go on the website and find the nearest Habitat office to you and visit the website link for more information.

National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC)

The movement of the (NLIHC) is designed to help low-income homeowners. The organization educates and advocates the development of low-income housing all over the U.S. Contact your Congress member and find the closest district office with access to these services. Contact NLIHC with your questions at 1 (202) 662 1530 or outreach@nlihc.org. Visit the website link for more information

Family Unification Program

HUD’s Family Unification Program (FUP) works to keep families together. Eligible youth and families work with Public Child Welfare Agencies (PCWAs) to receive Housing Choice Vouchers (HCVs). They receive rental assistance along with job training and educational counseling. Find the Public Housing Agency (PHA) that administers FUP in your area. Contact the HUD office near you or contact the main office at (202) 708-1112. Visit the website link for more information.

Housing and Community Facilities Programs (HCFP)

Housing and Community Facilities Programs (HCFP) has assistance for home renters, buyers, and landlords. HCFP gives grants, loan guarantees, and direct loans for the development of community facilities. To learn more, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has links to a Rural Development office near you. Visit the website link for more information.

Emergency and Funding Shelter Program by the United Way

United Way has the Emergency Food and Shelter Program for homeless and hungry people all over the U.S. The program has temporary assistance for rent, energy bills, food, and sheltering. On the EFSP website, find a list of participating organizations. Call the office at (703) 706-9660 or send your questions through an online form. Visit the website link for more information.

CoAbode Single Mothers House Sharing

Sharing and unity are the main goals of CoAbode. As a single mother, you can live in a safe, decent community with other needy women. Find other CoAbode single mothers in your area and share a home to raise your families together. Sign up to become a member on their website or submit an online form. You can also visit the website link for more information.

Vision House

Vision House has programs to get people into decent, affordable housing. There are affordable rental options, transitional housing, rapid rehousing, and permanent supportive housing. Find access to job training, substance abuse recovery, and life skills classes. Contact Vision House at (425) 228-6356 or info@vision-house.org. You can also visit the website link for more information.

If you are a single mother, contact the organization in your area and find the right resources for you.

++ Also read